• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath Diesel FS-2500 kit

In a nut shell : a braided line comes out of a port above oil filter location to the by-pass unit. From there, it goes to a new oil filler tube with a bung on it, the one that already on your truck, is remooved. In a nut shell.

You may get a better shot of the FS hardware though. The more pics the better, besides the FS is a single system and should retain the full flow filter also.

I myself like the added capacity of both filters on the amsoil, but to be honest they both do a great job of filtering. The features and price is really the only difference.

Those that hang around 6.5 forums much are used to me & camera "on the job" when I install any mods, the FS2500 going into the burb will have full flow and the bypass filter, taps into the side of the block above the filter/oil cooler lines, & then returns oil back to engine via a modified oil fill tube with return fitting in it

I do believe so. The main qustion was where the line connect.

For a duel system which will relocate your factory full flow filter to the same block as the BP filter. You replace the facory filter with a new filter head and run your IN & out lines fron the head to the filter block. The location of the filter block is entirely up to the installer.

I always install the filter head, add the fitting to one end of the lines. I then route the line to where I would like my block. Then cut and add your block fittings. Mount the block and hook them up. Fill the filters with oil, spin them on and your done. Very simple install. The worst part of course is drilling a couple holes in your frame rail. I have installed around 10 kits so I have it down pretty well. Install time on the first kit was about 2 hours. Now I can do them in 1.

You are correct. This is the exact reason why I hook up the head and lines first. The kits come with enough line that you can do about anything you want on the mounting location

Now, how does this install differ from the FS?

This kit seems nice, as it can put both filters, primary and bypass, into an extrememly easy/clean to access location.

Has anybody tried putting together their own bypass filter system? An oil filter relocation kit would provide the essential parts needed. Then it´s just a question of getting the desired spin on filters and a few extra plumbing supplies. I´m guessing it can be done right for under $150.

Last edited:
with the FS you will need to pickup oil I believe behind the full flow filter via a port in the block and either return it though the valve cover ot fill on top of the engine. The Amsoil Install is much easier.

I do know of a few people that returned the oil through the drin plug, but it made it a pain for drains. I'm also sure the added airration isn't to good either.

I firmly believe both kits filter down to 1 micron and do what they say they will do.

The oil guard kit is nice and filters very well also. The only problem we have seen is over time the filter housing leaks due the the plastic heating up and cooling down. Even with the new oring they leaked. Oil guard will sell the filter bowl I think for 35.00

Has anybody trie putting together their own bypass filter system? An oil filter relocation kit would provide the essential parts needed. Then it´s just a question of getting the desired spin on filters and a few extra plumbing supplies. I´m guessing it can be done right for under $150.

I do manufacture my own kits that use baldwin filters. They are great for they guy on a budget, but if you have the means the line and fittings that come with the Amsoil or FS kit are much better. Like I said My kit is for the budget minded enthusiest. The nice thing is the replacement filter are both like 12 bux

My Amsoil unit is mounted under drivers feet floorpan

That area is pretty tight.. with front shaft, torsion bar, etc... I was thinking of going under the bed, front corner, behind driver. This will make a line length of about 6 feet. should I jump up a size so not to restrict flow? ( my amsoil kit came with 10 MM ID line)

That area is pretty tight.. with front shaft, torsion bar, etc... I was thinking of going under the bed, front corner, behind driver. This will make a line length of about 6 feet. should I jump up a size so not to restrict flow? ( my amsoil kit came with 10 MM ID line)

matter of free real restate for me, my gn hitch support, remote trans cooler, and baldwin pre lift fuel filter are in the "choice" spots under the bed

Yes 8 feet comes in the kits. The kit really is meant to be installed myuch closer the the engine. You can order more if needed.

Back