• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath Diesel FS-2500 kit

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
I will be getting one of these before summers end. Anyone else using one yet? If so can you show pix of your install?

I hate to step on Heath's thunder here, I've got one yet to be installed on my Burb, on 4x2 looks like it's going to be a good item, IMO on 4x4 though the Amsoil kit that I have on my K1500 is better as it relocates the primary & bypass oil filter away from the engine as us 4x4 guys know what a wonderful design feature that was on the K trucks a 90 deg oil adapter that positions oil filter in place where oil filter removal ain't easy..

Doesn'st say much about installation, can you do a run thru of what needs to be connected to what. I'm not sure I have proper image in my head.

I ,minda have to agree for the money the amsoil kit does an awesome job and is much less expensive. I'm not only saying this because i'm an amsoil dealer. We also sell oil guard, FS, and our own bypass kits also. IMO you get just as good of filtration with the amsoil kit and the spinon filters make for and easy filter change.

I've run the Amsoil kit on my K1500 for years since about 2001, gonna try the FS2500 on the burb for comparison to see what is what, & if the oil stays as clean as the adverts say it does.

The Amsoil with either the Amsoil filters or Baldwins adapted to the Amsoil kit (cheaper still than Amsoil or FS2500 elements) oil got black fast, only way to not have it black I guess is to flush every nook/cranny and get oil out of oil cooler.

Only had one bad sample come back saying oil should be changed, & that was from elevated silica, from when my amsoil air filter started falling apart (oiled foam) no longer sold IIRC.

LOL you sure have alot on your plate TD....

Next time the wife is at you about working on your truck, take a break and install the FS on the burb for her :)

I didn't realize you had one waiting to install, but there is only one way to kjnow for sure if one is far superiour to the other, and you ahve the perfect side by side rigs :) I am very curious to know the lab results after similar mileage. Wow, both 98's... Is there a large mileage difference between the 2 test rigs?

While your waiting for the new turbo to ship you should toss in that FS!

Better yet TD, can you take some of the 'filtered' amsoil, and hook it up to the fs-2500 on the side and see how the FS filteres the Amsoil's finish product?

I just can't get the idea of super clean oil working its way through the nooks and crannies of my block cleaning as she goes :)

The Amsoil with either the Amsoil filters or Baldwins adapted to the Amsoil kit (cheaper still than Amsoil or FS2500 elements) oil got black fast, only way to not have it black I guess is to flush every nook/cranny and get oil out of oil cooler.
wouldn't that all flush out eventually?

wouldn't that all flush out eventually?

I would think it would, the FS-2500 site demo says it filters out the soot faster than the engines cna put it in there, and EVERY drop of oil that came out of the FS was SUPER CLEAN. I seen the video.

They even filtered amsoil's oil, which was black, and made that come out clean. THats why I want TD to do that with his setups. He does great research, and Takes pride in it, (I iknow he enjoys it), and I would love to kknow the results before I buy one.

If the FS works as the video showed, entire crankcase would theoretically be cleaned out to ultra clean oil.

I would think it would, the FS-2500 site demo says it filters out the soot faster than the engines cna put it in there, and EVERY drop of oil that came out of the FS was SUPER CLEAN. I seen the video.

They even filtered amsoil's oil, which was black, and made that come out clean. THats why I want TD to do that with his setups. He does great research, and Takes pride in it, (I iknow he enjoys it), and I would love to kknow the results before I buy one.

If the FS works as the video showed, entire crankcase would theoretically be cleaned out to ultra clean oil.
I saw the video too, but remember who produced that video.....

Last edited:
LOL you sure have alot on your plate TD....

Next time the wife is at you about working on your truck, take a break and install the FS on the burb for her :)

I didn't realize you had one waiting to install, but there is only one way to kjnow for sure if one is far superiour to the other, and you ahve the perfect side by side rigs :) I am very curious to know the lab results after similar mileage. Wow, both 98's... Is there a large mileage difference between the 2 test rigs?

While your waiting for the new turbo to ship you should toss in that FS!

Yes lot on the plate to be sure, last month in Malaysia, looking at starting a new job next couple of weeks which will require part of the week to be spent 422 miles away in Ga, got the turbo thing going, also looking for time to install the "big engine" in the truck, swap bodies on the 98 from the 96 frame I bought this spring, possibly this weekend I can do the FS 2500, also have a set of stainless lines & cooler to go on the burb as well.

As luck would have it mileage on Burb and truck arent that far apart, I've got about 5K miles on last oil change in truck with amsoil synthetic & amsoil Ea filters on it, need to grab a sample and then install FS2500 on the burb and run same miles to compare.

Last edited:
As far as the experiment goes, I'll save the drained oil from the K1500 for later use in the Burb with 5 ish K on it the oil will still be good, then run the FS2500 with fresh synthetic oil for same time as on K1500 check sample, then run the saved oil just to see if FS2500 really can clean up dirty oil.

Bill or Ian, have either of you done a side by side comparison? Any comments?

Sorry, we have not done a side by side comparison on the two products. I chose to work with FS because they demonstrated very aggressively that they have the best product on the market. The way it works with any bypass filter is that you can't just run it for a few weeks pull your dipstick out and see perfect oil, it will always have a dark hew to it. This is do to the fact that even thow the system is always filtering the engine is still always pushing in blow by. It is a never ending battle. Your major benefit with any of the systems is the ability to remove water and sulfer from the oil at much larger rates than the oils original additive package can handle. This keeps the acidic buildup in your oil to a minimum, and to me that is much more important than the color of my oil. One of the major strengths of the FS system is its ability to remove very large amounts of water from the oil along with blow by from the motor. To my knowledge all oil bypass filters are meant to do these two functions, but it is the effeciency rate at which they do them along with filter life span that should play the biggest role in your dessision to by any product. Once product may be cheeper and have an easier install but the effeciency question still remanes. If you are unsure of either product call the manufacturers at Filtration Solutions Worldwide, they are more than willing to go into detail about why they feel there product is the best on the market.

Well theres my 25 cents.

Ian

Back