• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heath ATT reflash

Turbine Doc

Just Another Diesel Guy
Reaction score
My point was the "king of fuel" I think you meant "kind of fuel" :D is same capability from any DS4 if it's asked for, I'm still testing that one, Bill is running a stock DS4 IP I asked him if there was a higher output IP or mech one, "If it was available, I'd be running it" Bill & Matt @ Peninsular are pretty hooked up with each other so if they could build a "h/o DS4" I think Bill would have it on the LSR already.

Bill did share with me that a h/o IP would be the next milestone, and sort of indicated it would not be based on the DS4, but would not share beyond that.

I just got another tune for my PCM yesterday that if I wanna smokes the highway similar to a wicked up notch 1/notch 2 Dmax now, it has shown good drive-ability thus far, but will double for a heavy skeeter fogger if I hit it too hard.

My point was the "king of fuel" I think you meant "kind of fuel" :D is same capability from any DS4 if it's asked for, I'm still testing that one, Bill is running a stock DS4 IP I asked him if there was a higher output IP or mech one, "If it was available, I'd be running it" Bill & Matt @ Peninsular are pretty hooked up with each other so if they could build a "h/o DS4" I think Bill would have it on the LSR already.

Bill did share with me that a h/o IP would be the next milestone, and sort of indicated it would not be based on the DS4, but would not share beyond that.

I just got another tune for my PCM yesterday that if I wanna smokes the highway similar to a wicked up notch 1/notch 2 Dmax now, it has shown good drive-ability thus far, but will double for a heavy skeeter fogger if I hit it too hard.

from whom? Kojo?

Thats the kind of tune I am looking for cause I wanna run a HX35 @ 25psi area with a intercooler, methenol and maybe pane. The thing is I know right now I am at my trucks current tune fuel limits @ approx. 16-18psi with a GMx.

I get my GM4 to 25psi. Just isnt that great there.

TD, what were EGTs like when smoking on the highway? Did you have more power too?

More power, nice EGTs <900F all < 10 psi boost it would probaly go higher if I had a place to run it harder, the smoke (Heavy) only happens at 1st WOT if from standing stop or @ lower to higher boost 1st acceleration on a WOT demand.

When you stomp it, it clears quickly as turbo spools up by 5 psi boost virtually no smoke, but a haze until you come out of WOT, I haven't really had clear highway and open spaces to fully run it out NY state is poor and around every bush it seems the locals or state boys are writing tickets.

I'm on fence about sending it back, as it seems to get better as I drive it via adaptive learn or as I learn to keep from stomping the go pedal when not needed, there is more haze at nite in headlights than with the special G47 tune I've been running thus far.

There is also a puff of black during gear shifts that I didn't have with the G47, since I'm more interested in towing efficiency/economy I'm returning to get Bill to combine the best of this tune and the G47 which was/is a very streetable tune but it does not have the TCC lockup enhancement.

More on the TCC later when the PCM returns, but it is automatic no external switching required Bill has managed a very nice lock/unlock program routine for the 4L80E without extra modules

popcorn.gif

Ran it some more on the highway today, liking it more as I drive it, not enough open road to gather data sets & drive @ same time, I may have to wait until my trip back to Ms in week & half to get good data.

I managed to get up to 85mph rather quickly it's more spry than before, max EGT was 800F with 7 psi boost, & 9 psi drive/back-pressure driving the turbo.

Far too much traffic around here to gather data, drive and be safe, but I should have 2 tunes to look at on the 1400 mile trip back to Ms, this one and the less smoke version of this one.

No designation yet assigned for it, we ain't finished testing yet so don't go bugging Bill with details for it.

I never doubted their potential, you haven't been around the "6.5 family" as long as some of us;

For a LONG time I was a lone voice in wilderness/advocate for the 6.5 when many scoffed at 6.5 performance aspirations. So many tried to lure me to the Dmax alll of it's capability aside; to be honest I don't have an affinity for it, too much compexity in the whole package of the Dmax and expensive to maintain.

Problem for us OBD-II guys was lack of finding a willing accomplice/programmer to assist in getting there, and no programming assets to make them happen easily (that is still a challenge).

Westers programs as you know leave one wanting more, my efforts with Heath have been sandwiched in between him running a business and him playing with the LSR.

More to come in future with Heath now that he's had a chance to physically capture some data off of a ATT equipped truck vs. ad-hoc long distance reporting of changes made; that & a couple of "other things" I hope pan out.

Last edited:
Its not like OBD1 is easy either, just took a lot of time and effort

My point was that most that think they reached the limit of their 6.5 dont know what is still left on the electronic injection.

Maybe you would have had better performance a long time ago if I was here :)

Its not like OBD1 is easy either, just took a lot of time and effort

My point was that most that think they reached the limit of their 6.5 dont know what is still left on the electronic injection.

Maybe you would have had better performance a long time ago if I was here :)

Never said it was easier.

Burning chips, logging, tweaking, burning, logging, etc is no fun at all. It was a real PITA when I swapped over to a 7427 PCM on my 89, especially when I swapped in TPI to make it all just that much more of a PITA.

But it's not that hard either with ODII. Same principals apply, you just have to go about it a little differently.

You just need the right stuff to get into the cellar of it all.

I was half a heartbeat away from converting to a 1220411 PCM before I got rid of my 89 due to terminal frame rot. That would have been "fun".....at least efiLive would have supported it with the 2002 Savana express .bin

I agree that Electronic control is the next wave. Most gassers have found that out a long time ago. Just have to find a way to drag the 6.5-er's in to it.

Now, i just need to find the key to that cellar...........):h

Is it that great that I should consider a ds4 conversion on my Tahoe,it has gas wiring now. So which would be easier to install and program OBDII or OBDI ?

Back