• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Heads/ precups options

No, they have a flat fee for a V8 motor - 575.00

Parts not on their list for the motor is extra, like flywheel, pressure plate, gear drive, etc...

copied & pasted from the message below....
=================================================================
As discussed, you can have the complete, disassembled engine treated for $575.00 plus the shipping costs.

This includes:

Push Rods
Rocker Arms
Lifters
Valves
Valve Springs
Camshafts
Piston wo/pins
Con. Rods
Crankshafts
Cylinders (I - Cyl. Bank)
Sleeves
Head, bare
Block w/maincaps

Parts not on their list for the motor is extra, like flywheel, pressure plate, gear drive, etc...

As discussed, you can have the complete, disassembled engine treated for $575.00 plus the shipping costs.

This includes:

Push Rods
Rocker Arms
Lifters
Valves
Valve Springs
Camshafts
Piston wo/pins
Con. Rods
Crankshafts
Sleeves
Head, bare
Block w/maincaps

So after shipping your are looking at approximately $1175. That's not too bad.

No it isn’t. If people really understand how much better it makes things... a lot more folks would do it. Being more resistant to breaking and cracking is obviously great, and the added wear of components helps extend life and justify cost for longevity more than just insurance.

Can this be done to used parts? Since I'm doing a rebuild I have some good used parts that I'm reusing. Also can the block be done if it has had crack repairs done on it?

Back on my precups- I bought a set on NOS triple square for a 6.2. Sent them off for machining to be “turned into” diamonds. Once they get back, gonna do the chryo with some of other pieces parts of course to extend their life to survive without cracking to bad for the rest of my goofy life hopefully.

It depends how you repaired the crack. If welded- yes. If lock and stitch- you need to call 300below and ask because of the dissimilar metals.

Freezing, just like heating- different metals expand and contract at different rates. Thats why the concearn.

Again, always do all machine work before chryo. It isn’t that you cant machine afterwards- but it takes around 8 times as long from my experience.

1. Machining
2. Chryo
3. Coatings

You can do it out of that order, but that is the best way.

It depends how you repaired the crack. If welded- yes. If lock and stitch- you need to call 300below and ask because of the dissimilar metals.

Freezing, just like heating- different metals expand and contract at different rates. Thats why the concearn.

Again, always do all machine work before chryo. It isn’t that you cant machine afterwards- but it takes around 8 times as long from my experience.

1. Machining
2. Chryo
3. Coatings

You can do it out of that order, but that is the best way.
It was lock and stitched.

This includes:

Push Rods
Rocker Arms
Lifters
Valves
Valve Springs
Camshafts
Piston wo/pins
Con. Rods
Crankshafts
Sleeves
Head, bare
Block w/maincaps
Wont doing the valve springs change their spring rates since the metal will be harder?

for lock n stitch- call and ask him he may recommend not doing it, or could say its fine. He does tons monthly and has the experience to know.

Springs are ok- they keep the same spring rate. Infact they hold the spring rate the same longer. The part that hardens is the surface wear.

Not everything is done exactly the same. Differential gears for instance has a different process than connecting rods.

Back