• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hayden 2886

@Stoney you May have gotten lucky and nothing happened to your engine. I ran mine hot one time and now it has blowby. It didn’t have any when I bought it. It still runs good and I don’t notice any difference in power but it definitely has blowby now.

Hopefully you were luckier than I was.

Will I'll have to get you some pictures of the hill was pulling... It's 2 mi up with no places to pull off with a trailer... Granted it's a dirt road so not like I would have been hurting traffic if I stop... But seriously if I had brought the truck to a stop ,as steep as that Hill is I don't think I would have been able to get the truck moving forward again... But I totally agree it wasn't smart but I've never seen this truck get that hot before..

Yeah, i get it. And hopefully you didn’t wear stuff too bad.
Short term like that usually doesn’t tear stuff up as bad as when people run long term like that.

A bunch of folks get military rigs and military manual says 230 is fine and dandy :eek:
And they wonder why they cant get 80,000 miles from an engine and we get 280,000...

Cross the fingers and play nicer next time is about all you can do at this point. Well, besides throwing some upgraded parts to help it out...

You guys would flip out in a duramax. Factory tbe fan clutch doesnt even come in until 230-235 degrees. Both stats don't go full open until 230(but they start opening at 180, go figure), and the overheat alarm doesn't begin until 250 or so.

designed to run at 230 is fine and dandy- but a 6.5 at 230 = a lot of blowby in a hurry, and done very long shaves a little off the piston skirts - haha

You guys would flip out in a duramax. Factory tbe fan clutch doesnt even come in until 230-235 degrees. Both stats don't go full open until 230(but they start opening at 180, go figure), and the overheat alarm doesn't begin until 250 or so.

Agree 1000%. But... You left out the design diffrences that make that possible with a Duramax without killing the rings.

Back