• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hands Down The BEST Dash Cam For The Money!

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Just got this guy after reading all the reviews on it. It's the Model G1W...there is a newer Model out call the G1WH which has a 140* Viewing Angle.

I've been using my GoPro's in my Trucks, but the Battery doesn't last that long.

It's packed with features and is just as good, if not better than ones that cost $100's more.

Here's some review Videos on it: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=g1w

~~~~~~~Had to remove the Ebay Link as I just found out mine is Counterfeit.~~~~~~~~~~

But, the Camera Models I listed above are true, you just gotta find a Trustworthy Seller to Buy from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ok, just got mine in from Amazon, and it's Genuine. Everything works on it as it should and it records in the correct file formats and all. Got the G1WH, which has the 140* Viewing Angle. Still a killer Price for what this thing does / is capable of.

So...here's the Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HMNFWYW/?tag=jhuntlink-20

Highly recommend this for everyone!!

Only thing is, it's picky about Memory Cards, so this is the one that everyone says works 100% in it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CES44EO/?tag=jhuntlink-20

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's a good price. Been thinking about getting one of these just to have. If I drove much I would already have one.

Was at Costco today and saw Garmin now makes a Dashcam. Was $225, and was pretty pissed when I saw it because Garmin makes some really good stuff. I was about to buy it just based on knowing Garmin makes good stuff, so it's gotta be better than the $50 Cam I got, right?

Well I got home and did some looking around Online, saw it Records in 1080P as well, so I went on YouTube and brought up some of the Garmin's Recordings...guess what?? Not as good as the $50 Cam. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good Image / Recording, but it's not as good as the Picture on the $50 Cam.

Still happy with the Purchase.

Nice thing too, is it senses Motion and when you Start your Vehicle, so you don't have to do anything. As soon as you Start Up, it starts Recording.

Was at Costco today and saw Garmin now makes a Dashcam. Was $225, and was pretty pissed when I saw it because Garmin makes some really good stuff. I was about to buy it just based on knowing Garmin makes good stuff, so it's gotta be better than the $50 Cam I got, right?

Well I got home and did some looking around Online, saw it Records in 1080P as well, so I went on YouTube and brought up some of the Garmin's Recordings...guess what?? Not as good as the $50 Cam. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good Image / Recording, but it's not as good as the Picture on the $50 Cam.

Still happy with the Purchase.

Nice thing too, is it senses Motion and when you Start your Vehicle, so you don't have to do anything. As soon as you Start Up, it starts Recording.

Does it automatically start recording over the old footage when the mem card is full?

and can you put a larger mem card in ? 64GB or larger if made

Does it automatically start recording over the old footage when the mem card is full?

and can you put a larger mem card in ? 64GB or larger if made

Yep, you can set it for 3 / 5 /10 minutes loops. If it senses an Impact (has G-Sensor) it automatically saves the data and won't write over it.

32gb is the largest it'll accept.

I've considered getting a dedicated dashcam, and probably will at some point, but for the time being I'm using an app on my phone to do the job and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. The app uses the phone sensors (GPS, etc.) to detect shocks and location, and adds them to the video. For a small fee you can also buy credits (or monthly unlimited) that allow you to automatically (in event of an accident) or manually upload video or stills to the developer's server for storage and converting. Here's a sample from an accident I caught on the camera one night:

Okay, it seems I can't embed that one, but here's a link to it http://www.ipernity.com/doc/behling/album/511367

And here's a youtube sample from when a lady recently cut me off and flipped me the bird (around the 2:50 mark):

[video=youtube;XeUkFuUWqDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUkFuUWqDk[/video]

Not too shabby actually. :)

yeah, clean video from a phone.

btw that's the nts (non-turn signal)model of that truck. Pretty much the only model available here...

Back