• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Halloween cemetery gate

No music as of now. The funny thing is we only get 5 to 10 trick-or-treaters every year, so we really just do this for ourselves. Though it is a somewhat high traffic road, so we also hope it entertains a lot of people.

We don't have Trick or Treaters, heck I couldn't tell you the last time we had them.

I suppose at the new house, it could be the No Trespassing Signs. Even at the old house without the signs we had very few.

Hate to admit it.. but we head for the game room shut off the lights. Where i live we get 1000 plus, and if there was ever any emergency here it would be a disaster. People bring bus and van loads. So we low-key that particular time. HAHA
1000!!!!! Dang!!! That sounds overwhelming. We just turn on Halloween (the original John Carpenter classic) and if someone happens to knock, we pause the movie. My girlfriend loves seeing the kids in their costumes. She buys full size candy bars to pass out to try to entice them to come back next year or to tell their friends to show up.

Three or four trick or treaters here every year and two of those is the grandchildrens. LOL
On that bench, beside Achmed, dress up like a scarecrow with straw stuffed around the neck and sleeves of the shirt or jacket, a mask on and just set there real quiet, when the trick or treaters comes up to knock on the door, yell out AAAAARRRRRHHHHhhhhhh and see how big a treat they leave for You. LOL
I did that one year, couple a tough guys come onto the deck, looked around at the decorations, Oh yeah, real scary is their comment, soon as they turned their backs I jumped and yelled with the scary crow outfit on. They was shaken real bad, petrified, LOL, I gave them a extra bonus treat just cause it entertained Me so much. LOL When the little ones came onto the deck, I just sort of moved the hand and did not yell. did not want to scare the Halloween out of them. LOL

We had a new neighbor move in last year, He told me had had 4 bags of candy.. and I laughed, So I told him the previous homeowner would get some smaller stuff and back his truck to end of drive, when he was done at 1000 pcs he turned off the lights and pulled his truck up. He didn't believe me. Next day he said i thought you were pulling my leg... LOL

We had a new neighbor move in last year, He told me had had 4 bags of candy.. and I laughed, So I told him the previous homeowner would get some smaller stuff and back his truck to end of drive, when he was done at 1000 pcs he turned off the lights and pulled his truck up. He didn't believe me. Next day he said i thought you were pulling my leg... LOL

That must be an east Tenn. Tradition. My neice and her family moved into a neighborhood over there. They say on Halloween there will be hundreds of kids and parents coming door to door. Wow

33 years here and zero trick or treaters... Just how we like it
About 20 some years ago the wife and I would turn the porch light on, we would get some relatives and close friends. As time went on those kids grew up and we got to where we stopped turning the porch lights on. Finally the trick or treaters stopped coming, which suited me just fine. I felt like from a liability stand point if someone fell on my porch steps or property they might try and sue me. I know it sounds bad, but I really don't care about many visitors on my property. Yelp I have an introvert personallty, I just want to be left alone most of the time.

Last edited:
We get about 150ish. Wish it were more. What is better than making kids happy? This Dec is 25 years married and my wife is still surprised I break into the candy as soon as it gets here- haha. She didn’t even buy any yet. When I go to pharmacy later tonight or in morning, i will grab a couple bags just to last to the end of the month!

There’s some folks that don’t do it for religion- i get that. Lately some of the Christian’s been putting a candy bar in with a mini-book...

I always want to decorate for all holidays but just can’t put time into it lately. Just a couple jackolanterns. So for last few years I just take a semi horn- about 12&14” combo and a 36” unit and drag over an air hose for the teenagers...
Eventually need to get them mounted to the hummer.

Back