• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hacking my system when I'm on this site!

Let's not forget the OP is merely asking for help. No idea his computer knowledge and it's not relevant.

FWIW: the general public really has no idea what an infection vector emails are let alone the Non-Stop SPAM from a public email address. I don't know why the email didn't work but I suggest it would have been blasted to useless by non-stop SPAM email flooding the inbox.

Any and all virus scanners didn't find anything. HAHAHA Isn't that cute! But frankly it's not the final answer. Maybe one has a new bug/virus/malware/adware that the scanners don't know about yet. Submission of the unwanted undetected program can get interesting. Banner ad or pop-up ad malware that got installed via a drive by download ... Too technical.

Say a unwanted as display program gets on your computer and is unreliable, but, is new and gets past all virus scanners. It wants to serve an ad biased of whatever website you are on, but, crashes the computer instead. This is but one possibility.

Another is the virus scanner putting a whammy on the bad program and getting it's ass kicked by the bad program resulting in a PC reboot.

I have suggested hardware failure and may other things can come together in the perfect alignment of the moon and stars to crash a PC. Drivers, firmware, bad patches from Microsoft is a non-stop constant migraine nightmare called Black Tuesday...

Let's not forget the OP is merely asking for help. No idea his computer knowledge and it's not relevant.

FWIW: the general public really has no idea what an infection vector emails are let alone the Non-Stop SPAM from a public email address. I don't know why the email didn't work but I suggest it would have been blasted to useless by non-stop SPAM email flooding the inbox.

Any and all virus scanners didn't find anything. HAHAHA Isn't that cute! But frankly it's not the final answer. Maybe one has a new bug/virus/malware/adware that the scanners don't know about yet. Submission of the unwanted undetected program can get interesting. Banner ad or pop-up ad malware that got installed via a drive by download ... Too technical.

Say a unwanted as display program gets on your computer and is unreliable, but, is new and gets past all virus scanners. It wants to serve an ad biased of whatever website you are on, but, crashes the computer instead. This is but one possibility.

Another is the virus scanner putting a whammy on the bad program and getting it's ass kicked by the bad program resulting in a PC reboot.

I have suggested hardware failure and may other things can come together in the perfect alignment of the moon and stars to crash a PC. Drivers, firmware, bad patches from Microsoft is a non-stop constant migraine nightmare called Black Tuesday...
Oh crap, brainium overloadicus. Must be time for a nap now. LOLOLOL

Or any other kind of clearances or past experiences where maybe sum body tried to do some bodily harm to me, is the third time a charm? Always heard that, I have been laying real low, truly believe I dodged the big one, sweet mother of mercy, instincts are worth a million.

Last edited:
The most tragic part is that all of us truly getting hoodwinked. From day 1 in the computer world, security was an afterthought as convenience was money. Now we are paying the price for that. Sure, there is now a boom in cybersecurity to make things 'better', but this is like building a fortress designed with easy access and then trying to figure out where to put the guards, gates, and barriers long after the fortress was finished.

By the way, if the noggin hurts now over getting a glimpse into how the computer (and mobile device) is vulnerable, don't even think about the fact that companies are now selling location data (ie: your every move as tracked by the mobile 'phone') and new cars are easily trackable by their mothership. And, Yup, we are actually *paying* for this!

Also, WW, excellent call on the possibility of pending hardware failure entering into the mix for FT's observations. Funny things happen when the CPU or storage (memory / drive) start to go flaky, but not flaky enough to trigger errors. A related area is that the varous firmwares or BIOS might need updating. But this is something that few outside of IT even think about.

Last edited:
Back