• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hacking my system when I'm on this site!

I would bet you have a hardware failure or corrupt software/driver on your PC. This can cause a sudden reboot or flash of a bluescreen error. It's important you have a good backup of your data: pictures, books, etc. preferably on a "offline" media like a DVD-R or unplugged external hard drive. Lots of encryption ransomware out there where your important data had better be unreachable (aka offline) by the infected PC.

Although new has a warranty because "... even in the future nothing works!" ... If your PC is over 3 years old it's a maybe. Over 5 years old, well, it's value engineered lifespan is up. Some components like capacitors only have a 2000 hour rated life: similar to a incandescent light bulb. :wtf: Mechanical precision magnetic measuring devices known as spinning rust Hard Drives are mechanical and statistics are not good that they barf up the correct data 100% of the time even new. Ram in home PC's is not error correcting to save bits aka cost... These mechanical devices drop dead suddenly for a number of reasons and maybe $1200 paid out can recover your data.

Back in the "Dark Ages" (pre-Windows 2000, XP) operating system crashes were just plain normal.

The only time this happens is from this site and ignorant jokes about it are just that ignorant.
Since no one that runs he site has answered I take it to a higher level now....contacted J. Hunt and await a response.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are talking about. I would suggest trying to access the site on a different PC and see if you have the same issues. I don't have the ability to "hack" you just by accessing this website.. in fact, I'm 99.9% sure you don't know what you're talking about and you just have a bad virus on your PC.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I would suggest trying to access the site on a different PC and see if you have the same issues. I don't have the ability to "hack" you just by accessing this website.. in fact, I'm 99.9% sure you don't know what you're talking about and you just have a bad virus on your PC.
First off I didn't infer you hacked anything and there is no virus on this PC my software detected an issue on several occasions and flipped the kill switch the last event I caught it and locked the PC. However; it has stopped after I had bitched about it on this forum which in of itself is interesting......Perhaps something offsite when I clicked on an image hosted elsewhere from the stop..............

FWIW, ads are a known vector of malware. So, within the realm of possibilities, it is not actually TTS but rather an external actor controlling an ad (even external to the ad owner) that sees your device as vulnerable. Keeping current with all patches is a key defense. This applies to the hosting system (TTS) too.

FWIW, ads are a known vector of malware. So, within the realm of possibilities, it is not actually TTS but rather an external actor controlling an ad (even external to the ad owner) that sees your device as vulnerable. Keeping current with all patches is a key defense. This applies to the hosting system (TTS) too.
Lest we forget the clowns sitting at defense communications consoles or fusion centers too!

it has stopped after I had bitched about it on this forum which in of itself is interesting......Perhaps something offsite when I clicked on an image hosted elsewhere from the stop..............

You need to take the tinfoil hat off.. We have over 15K members.. so if this was an issue with the software/server you could bet that it wouldn't be affecting just you.

Next time take a matter like this to PM's or to one of the staff members so we can help instead of blasting my name on the web when you have no factual basis about what happen to your PC.

I can assure the members here the forum software and the server stack is up-to-date. It's part of the "job". It's not fun, but.. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I can assure the members here the forum software and the server stack is up-to-date. It's part of the "job". It's not fun, but.. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Good to know :) Few people take IT seriously.

Among the reasons I no longer touch 'the Place' was their clear lack of understanding in this area based on how they reacted to their account database breach. I also learned just how many forums the Place's owners controlled and burned my account on those sites as well.

Back