• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Guess what day it is ......

1. Nice to see your progress.
2. Nice to see more misinformation getting put to rest.
3, My DSG gear sets were a different color, almost like you have a coating on those...haha

Advancing very accurately needs to happen when Using longer pushrods, longer rocker arms, taking advantage of valve reliefs cut into pistons, etc. But from factory there is a huge room for error because of timing chain stretch and plain old assembly line build. Is there a range of advance you can say is safe for stock piston/rocker arm but with gear drive?

@Will L. , I can't answer that question, folks need to understand the piston chases the exhaust valve, and is a very close race ... advancing will gain exhaust clearance, and should add to bottom end torque, while retarding will give more exhaust clearance and should gain torque in mid to higher rpm's... when deciding how a person want the motor to act everything matters , and I don't just throw any aftermarket part on without checking the what if's. I think very few if any take the time to make small changes that change this motors behavior...

Back