• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Grey/Blue smoke at idle?

I've been aving the same issue with my 04. I took it to the dealership on the word of a friend of the family who swore up and down it was the injectors. The dealership ran the tests and found nothing wrong (go figure) - that was back in early summer. Had my brother-in-law take a look at it (he drives all Ford's unfortunatly LOL), he said he thought is might be a small head gasket leak. I haven't checked my oil lately for fuel in it, but evertime I've checked previously I have not smelled anything. I'm not losing any coolant - anyone think a small head gasket leak could be the culprit?

One thing I know for sure, Fuel in your oil is a warranty issue. The other thing i know... There is no way of telling how the fuel go into your oil. Hint Hint. Oh yeah and the last thing, If you can find any way to get GM to cover the injectors, do it.

Back