• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

got a used Banks Six-Gun...

havent had a chance to check the prime problem yet, wife took the truck yesterday morning, she said it was bucking a little at first but it went away. When she got back I drilled and tapped the manifold, was a bit of a project but I got it done. Manifold was thinner than I thought, not a lot of threads installed so I hope the fitting doesn't blow out. Wish I could do the exhaust the same way for the egt gauge.

So I need to let it learn to see if it's working right, I took it for a little test drive and when I jumped on it it fell on its face then blew a huge cloud of smoke. After that I took it easy and it seems ok. Probably should put it down to 3 or 4 so it learns that since I've got to tow the camper next weekend and it says not to tow with it over either 3 or 4, I forget which.

Put the egt gauge probe near the bottom of the down pipe, got the egt and boost gauges installed in the pillar mount, set the six gun on 3 so it can learn it in time to tow this weekend. On 3, with the speed loader, it's working now and man does this thing scoot! It's kind of uneven when it starts adding power, seems like about halfway through each gear it really starts to pull hard. Haven't owned a diesel in a couple years, (although I drive heavy commercial everyday) but it takes a little getting used to being at such a low rpm but having so much acceleration. Not even WOT and half the rpms my Camaro would be turning, but from 40 to 70 the speedo needle is almost a blur. Pulling about 22-23lbs of boost peak, without really pounding on it.

Put the egt gauge probe near the bottom of the down pipe, got the egt and boost gauges installed in the pillar mount, set the six gun on 3 so it can learn it in time to tow this weekend. On 3, with the speed loader, it's working now and man does this thing scoot! It's kind of uneven when it starts adding power, seems like about halfway through each gear it really starts to pull hard. Haven't owned a diesel in a couple years, (although I drive heavy commercial everyday) but it takes a little getting used to being at such a low rpm but having so much acceleration. Not even WOT and half the rpms my Camaro would be turning, but from 40 to 70 the speedo needle is almost a blur. Pulling about 22-23lbs of boost peak, without really pounding on it.

Pressure boxes add power this way, and is why so many remove them and get a custom tune with EFILIVE. The power is very uneven and spotty.

I have a friend who does EFI live at his shop, idk if he's done any diesels, or how much he'd charge. I've heard EFI live is big money.

I have a friend who does EFI live at his shop, idk if he's done any diesels, or how much he'd charge. I've heard EFI live is big money.

If you buy a V2 with the GM tuning suite it will run you $899 and comes with 2 VIN licenses to tune two different ECM/TCM combos(EFILIVE licenses to the serial number in the ECM, not the VIN number). Additional VIN licenses are $125 each. I have alot of tunes for stock trans LB7's, so you could go by and ask him what he would charge to flash one in for you. I would reccomend a DSP2 tune which is no extra work to flash in, just requires hooking up a toggle switch to ground to the ECM to trigger the tune change(I do NOT reccomend DSP5 tunes for LB7's as that is a GOOD way to limp your trans).

Back