• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Goodness, gracious 3bals RV a-fire!

Well, I had it towed home a couple weeks ago. The engine, generator, propane tank, transfer switch and inverter were removed. Also both sides of the lower motorhome storage compartment doors and panels were also removed.

I had a couple guys interested in the engine/transmission but no sale yet. Most are worried about the condition of the engine and shipping. All of which I understand. I want to get it on an engine stand to clean it up and inspect any damage. I have some doors and panels sold already, but need to crate them up for shipping to PA and find some place to ship them.

I'll try to post some pictures.3484.jpegIMG_20220320_141046130_HDR.jpgIMG_20220329_143309686.jpgIMG_20220331_143339770_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Always sad to see beasties like this get completely picked apart and cast out.

Here is a thought. See about gutting the burned-out section, revamp the entire rig, put it on stands, hook it into utilities, and turn it into an Airbnb. Will get way more than scrap or salvage value this way :)

Shrubs will easily hide where the storage doors were sold-off.

Among the glamping overhaul possibilities is to put a fireplace where the engine once was. :D

Unfortunately, @JayTheCPA , that would require pretty much gutting out the whole thing, with possibly the exception of the bathroom in the rear, and starting all over. There was smoke/heat damage to the ceiling all the way back, as well as to the dinette, a good portion of the forward kitchen cabinetry, the carpeting is shot throughout and the bed, which lowered down from the ceiling just aft of the front seats and doghouse, is totally shot.

It's a nice thought, but totally impractical and way too costly to ever break even on the costs involved to do so, unfortunately.

Always sad to see beasties like this get completely picked apart and cast out.

Here is a thought. See about gutting the burned-out section, revamp the entire rig, put it on stands, hook it into utilities, and turn it into an Airbnb. Will get way more than scrap or salvage value this way :)

Shrubs will easily hide where the storage doors were sold-off.

Among the glamping overhaul possibilities is to put a fireplace where the engine once was. :D
Nice dream, but no thanks. Besides the carcus is already gone. I had to pay to get it hauled away. No salvage value.

Their standard was an s300/s400 hybrid- akin to an hx35/40 with 18cm housing.
A bit harder to light up in a pickup but heavy things or a lot of drag and they do nice.
Like a P30 chassis-based motorhome with all the aerodynamics of a concrete cinder block and about 12,000lbs gross vehicle weight and flat towing another vehicle behind it!

Back