• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

good place to get a reman ip?

Aaron1505

Reaction score
I'm buying a reman ip and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with where to buy from. I saw ssdiesel has a reman pump that they say was rebuilt by stanadine is this true? And has anyone else bought from them

Stay away from Ss diesel. If you figure I am just 1 guy that's had bad experience, type their name in The search bar and read all the pages of hatred. I had mine rebuilt at a shop here in Vegas called J&S Diesel, but the pump guru Scott (the "S") passed away. No recommendation from me except stay away from SS.

Well sorry if I disappoint anyone but I went with ssdiesel. There pumps are rebuilt by stanadine and come with a one year warranty. Thought it was a good price if they really are built by stanadine. And I don't need a new pmd I have a new one on a Leroy cooler behind the bumper so 1050 is way more than what I paid. But I guess u get what u pay for. Thought Walt wasn't a bad guy??

You too, shall learn the hard (expensive) way. While Walt seems like a nice guy, you can't always trust what he says. Besides, if you own one of these vehicles, you can never say " I don't need a new pmd I have a new one" because even new ones fail, like mine did in 2012 after only 1200 miles. Luckily I had my spare brand new one to finish the 4000+ mile journey.

Walt's warranty is worth as much as the printed paper it comes on.

Well I hope I get lucky then. The only reason I said I don't need a pmd is because the one I have works fine now and it's mounted behind the bumper and it's 300 or so dollars that I don't have to shell out rite now. I have 9lbs from the lift pump and was getting the 0251 code. So I unplugged the os and am driving it now till I get the pump changed. And I know that there was water in the fuel awhile back that sat in the ip for a while. So I'm pretty sure that water toasted the pump.

Sounds like you get bad fuel? Is it a recent fill up?
If so, you may need to ask the gas station or not go there again.

If you want cheep go here dcpcart.com/OScart/index.php?cPath=23_88 . I got my pump from here and have 20000 miles on it with no problem. They send you a shipping label and you send your old one back to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the pump replaced and truck starts fast runs super smooth and is pretty quiet compared to before but the truck has noticeably less power off the bottom end. Any ideas for the power loss?

Disconnect control to turbo and see if you smoke out the world getting up to 60 mph. It should. If not - you are not getting enough fuel.

Waste gate is wired shut. It's a manual and easy to control boost with your right foot. What would cause it to not get enough fuel?

For starters the waste gate being wired shut will. The computer is trying to protect the turbo that is at redline RPM around 14 PSI and your engine. It does so by cutting fuel. A tune can correct this, but, a better turbo or Turbomaster is recommended. IAT can also cause the computer to defuel.

With the water did you drop and clean out the fuel tank? Any water can "clog" the fuel filter as it is designed to stop water. You can't drain all the water off as bad cases will clog the filter requiring replacement. a CAT water separator installed will save future IP's and injectors for being ruined by water.

Last assuming you have checked fuel pressure at WOT/full RPM your injectors could be scored from the water and require a rebuild. I did not see where you replaced them with the water related IP failure.

Your signature didn't reflect the wired shut... I figured it was "still workin from the gm plant." Listen to WW, also I would do fuel pressure test at ip input, and check flow. Is it all exactly the same as it was before the water killed the ip? Verified timing and so forth with the new IP?

Back