• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

good place to get a reman ip?

Clarification: The computer doesn't cut at exactly 14 PSI - it uses a table that the turbo shouldn't 'wander off' too far. If it does then you loose fuel. Same with IAT. This is why tunes and Turbomasters go hand in hand. You can use a Turbomaster without a tune, but, you set it to a lower PSI.

New tank and sending unit and filter and lines. It says vac pump delete in my Sig I thought. But I never let the boost go over 10 psi. And it dose it from stone cold so I think egt's can be ruled out. But at the same time as the new pump I also got a " hi flow " cross over pipe if that makes any difference

I hope you didn't use a aftermarket tank sock without the bypass valve in it. Best to leave them off and use a pre lift pump filter. Why did the tank need to be replaced? Hopefully it wasn't rust but really being bugs in the fuel. That is good fuel pressure. Is it measured at the water drain aka before the filter?

WOT should be winding a GM turbo up quick like the smoke test you did above.

Timing is a good question.

Pull codes and see if there are any.

War wagon it's a brand new tank and sending unit and sock from I think spectra. Not even 2 thousand miles on it yet. I changed it out because I had a horrible water problem and I just wanted to start fresh and not worry about it anymore. I want to get a real good filtration system but its not in the budget rite now. Fuel pressure was checked at the water drain. No idea of timing and no codes. Been at the mother in-laws beach house for the last few days so I havnt had a chance to un wire the waste gate yet. But I'm pretty sure it's way lean or should I say under fueled in diesel terms?

And paveltolz what about the timing is it too retarded? Because it's really a super quiet running6.5. Runs awesome except for the lack of bottom end grunt she used to have

Is that 7 psi at idle. What about at load. I tend to get lowest fuel pressure when I accelerate rolling into fuel allowing boost to build up to 2800 rpm. I easily drop to 2-3 psi or even 1 sometimes. Just wot I tend to have better fuel pressure. Long story short the fuel curve is screwy and you need good fuel flow for max performance. I doubt that is your problem but FYI.

Back