• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going racing.....16 second mark here I come!

I just looked through the pics and video that was taken...the pics are a little blurry and the zoom seemed to be stuck 'on' for the race against the F350 so you can't see the launch very well but you can hear the announcer and get a good view of us going down the track side by side....I'll get it posted when I get a faster internet connection

BTW - special thanks to Ian Carver at Heath Diesel for getting me set up with the right combination to get this truck to this point. Thanks also to Tim (Turbine Doc) for the idea of the 'FTB' mod!

Once I get my ATA intercooler and S&B intake installed I hope to get into the 16.5 range....who knows, maybe with meth/water injection a 15.9 is possible with a fullsize 4x4....

Here are some pics:

The first pic is showing my number after tech inspection.

The second pic is showing the F350 and I halfway down the track (pretty much side by side)

The third pic is once we have both run the track. I am obviously in the left lane. Note the soot coming out of both of our trucks - I wish I had better pics of my launches - tons of soot....more than the stroke actually...

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 38
  • snapshot1.jpg
    snapshot1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 53
  • snapshot2.jpg
    snapshot2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Good job! Gonna see how far you can go with 'pane, that Zex kit Heath has, and WMI now? Best of luck on the 15.9.

Here is a scan of the timeslip....

Attachments

• timeslip082.jpg
    timeslip082.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 30
Chris, nice work man! I am really impressed. Part of what makes it so cool is the age difference between the trucks, -and the HUGE technology gap. I mean c'mon, -an old-school IDI knocking on the door of an '06 truck?

With a bully dog tuner to boot?

A little "whiff" of 'pane, and you'd be takin' that PSD DOWN!

So you're gonna ditch the WTA for an ATA?

Yep - the WTA works, but it does not work as efficiently as a big ATA. I would have to get a bigger WTA core and a second heat exchanger....easier to just hang an ATA...

Yep - the WTA works, but it does not work as efficiently as a big ATA. I would have to get a bigger WTA core and a second heat exchanger....easier to just hang an ATA...

So, in other words, the duty cycle of your WTA setup ain't up to the job of keeping it cool the way you've been flogging the crap out of it? :biggrin5:

If you don't mind me asking, -what's the capacity of the water side?

I never saw your pictures of the install, -got any?

A 6.5 in the 16's!

You DA MAN Chris!

Pics and all information is still on the 'other site'. If you search for 'water to air intercooler' you should be able to find the right thread pretty quickly.

If you have any questions remaining after reading that thread let me know and I'll try to answer them!

Shhh... listen close... is that the voice of experience calling? :)

Ya, I know... nobody likes a smart-alec.

Ouch...That hurt! How does he get away with driving the snot out of his truck doing 1/4 mile runs with no damage and I drive mine around like a little old lady and end up with a cracked block...something just isn't right there!:smile5:

LOL...my truck is more 'seasoned' than yours was Dave....it ran 16 seconds with a whopping 365 000 kms on the odometer....

Don't worry - I'll put your old ATA IC to good use...

I still don't think there were a bad production years, IMO either you got a good build from day one or a bad one, I've been told time & again a 6.5 can't handle a 18k load either, yet I'm still doing it, proper care & feeding is essential to longevity, I got lucky when I bought mine, the previous owner didn't do anything with it work wise, it was 2 years old & only 36K on odomenter in 2000 when I bought it, under carraige was showroom new, it had never been off the pavement.

Back