• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going racing.....16 second mark here I come!

chrisk1500

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Street legal racing tomorrow night at the local drag strip.

My last truck ran a 17.1 with old injectors and the Max E Tork 2.0.

Now I have marine injectors and the GL4.

I weighed my truck a few nights ago and it weighs the same as my 94 did (no big surprise - the only difference between the two trucks is the dashboard shape).

Wish me luck as I try to get my old farm truck into the 16s :thumbsup:

BTW - I will have a second truck there with a tow bar in case something explodes....LOL

Good luck. You meeting this goal with stuff easily available and do-able with the "Average Joe" 6.5'er will be a huge step for 6.5'ers everywhere. We'll be like the Duramax's before long, totally smoking equally aged Slowstangs. Hehe.

Add some acetone to the fuel. I know it isn't good for the ip but just a little this once could push you over the top. I would do about 1 oz per 10 gallons. Mix it in before you go so it circulates through the fuel system.

Here he is.
picture.php

Go man go.

make sure your fuel tank is as empty as you can be comfortable with... one gallon of No. 2 is 7.15 lbs... so a full tank is like having another fullsized adult riding with you. Every ounce counts.

Gonna add a couple of litres of PowerService to the tank to boost cetane levels.

Gonna drop the spare tire as well this time.

I will get video and pics - pics will be the only things uploaded for now since I am on dial-up only for the next couple of weeks....

knh208 from the old site is going to try and make it down there as well - his truck is not quite as modded as mine, but he is running the new GL4 program as well....

BTW - if it is only running 17s with a 5psi launch I am going to beat the crap out of the drivetrain with a 10psi+ boosted launch....yeah I'll get vid clips and pics of the truck blowing up...lol

wanna shave some weight if serious into racing these things, pull rear drums & swap for disc, also aluminum 2 piston calipers for front weigh less than Gm ones do.

I agree - I changed rear brakes on a 97 6.5 yesterday. The drums are HUGE and heavy.

I switched to synthetic trans fluid to try and cut down on friction a little...taking every reasonable (and cheap) step necessary to go fast on a budget.... :biggrin5:

There's a great right up on the web about changing these rear axles to disc breaks. The guy sells the adapter brackets that bolt on and I think everything else can be bought at the auto parts store or a salvage yard.

Pics pics pics of the carnage!:cornut:

There's a great right up on the web about changing these rear axles to disc breaks. The guy sells the adapter brackets that bolt on and I think everything else can be bought at the auto parts store or a salvage yard.

Pics pics pics of the carnage!:cornut:

Could be on some "other site" a write up was done, I'll have to see if I can find pics and re-do it here.

First the numbers:

16.722 @ 80.701 MPH

Now the story:

I got to the track and went through inspection. I talked to a couple of guys. One of them was in an 06 F350 Powerstroke with an intake, exhaust, and bullydog tuner.

I started the night with a nice easy launch and ran an unimpressive 17.2 @ 80.2 MPH.

As luck would have it I asked the track official to line me up against the Powerstroke and he said he would do it.

We got lined up and launched pretty hard in 4 HI. I had a jump on him (my 60 foot was 2.215 and his was 2.421). He caught me half-track and wound up beating me by about 6 tenths of a second. This was the fastest run of the night for me - 16.722 @ 80.701 MPH.

Vehicles I was faster than:

2000 Grand AM GT - he ran 17.6 consistently
Early 2000s GM 1500 reg cab shortbox (327 Vortec) - he ran high 19s consistently
Early 2000s VW Jetta TDI - He ran 17.1s consistently

I will post my timeslips tomorrow when I get the scanner up and running - for now you will just have to believe me (I have vid clips of the run against the F350!)

Last edited:
That sounds awesome. I got a buddy with a 05 powerstroke I'd like to spank, and he has no programer, I guess I better get to work huh(I got a long ways to go). So when you gonna change the sig?

Last edited:
Back