• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going mechanical with a Moose Omega Marine IP

Haha! My family is looking at me crazy from me cheering "flat 14!" out loud. Awesome man.

Whats the deal with the smoke limiter and the runs? Were you cutting back on the fuel for those runs? No, right?

http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_horsepower_elapsed_time/horsepower_elapsed_time.php

14.00et &5900lbs says 425 hp. We know its really a lower end torque number because the engine will never hit the 5252 rpm torque/hp match up, but makes me wonder about your flywheel torque numbers...

Also how fast is full loaded acceleration of engine rpm from 1,000 to 3,000 rpm. Hmm.

Very nice.

That's hilarious! Though I feel like your family should be used to outbursts from you!? ;)

Correct, I had the puff limiter wide open, however there is a chance it could still limit the fuel if I have it screwed in too far and it's limiting overall travel of the pump. That's something I want to play with on the dyno.

You lost me regarding your comment on acceleration from 1000 to 3000 rpm. One thing I can say about that is first gear is kind of useless because it shifts into second so soon. I'm really intrested to see how 3.42 gears will do because of that.

Hmmm so I just calculated that 425 horsepower at 3500 rpm is 637.5 ft-lbs of torque. That doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility.

AWWWWESOME, MAN!!!

And here I was happy tonight for seeing another 20PSI from my ATT. Ha!

Oh hey you should be happy!! I bet you could out tow me with how you are set up right now. 20psi with an ATT is nothing to sniff at. In fact that's why I want to try a larger turbine on my truck so I can have less restriction in the system and flow more air. So I may end up at a number more like 20psi when I'm done but actually flowing more air. Or maybe not - won't know til I try it!

Oh hey you should be happy!! I bet you could out tow me with how you are set up right now. 20psi with an ATT is nothing to sniff at. In fact that's why I want to try a larger turbine on my truck so I can have less restriction in the system and flow more air. So I may end up at a number more like 20psi when I'm done but actually flowing more air. Or maybe not - won't know til I try it!

Oh, I'm very happy with my ATT. She's got all the power I need to tow anything I want to, and am happy with my 13 second 0 - 60 time with the 8000lb whale but I'm quite sure it was in more than a 1/4 mile! : )> If you are doing 0 - 77 mph in 9 sec. in the 1/8, what is your 0 - 60? That's insane.
And yeah, people get caught up in the PSI numbers and forget about volume.

Yeah, I love that you can switch things around and that we can all learn from it.
Two things I want to do is get a moose IP and a diverter valve.
We'll see how the ATT performs with more fuel and quicker spool. Maybe next year.

Oh, I'm very happy with my ATT. She's got all the power I need to tow anything I want to, and am happy with my 13 second 0 - 60 time with the 8000lb whale but I'm quite sure it was in more than a 1/4 mile! : )> If you are doing 0 - 77 mph in 9 sec. in the 1/8, what is your 0 - 60? That's insane.

Yeah, I love that you can switch things around and that we can all learn from it.
We'll see how the ATT performs with more fuel and quicker spool. Maybe next year.
The quickest 0-60 I've done using my super scientific method of taking a video of the speedometer and then timing that is 5.9 seconds.

Thanks Leo. I haven't had a chance to unleash the Moose on their fart cans and spoilers, but it should be fun when I do!
The best part: Your tailpipe is about the same height as their driver's window. If they happen to have it down as you roll into the throttle, well, double their surprise as you roll coal into their car AND take them off the line! Oh, that's right, puff limiter. Never mind.

The best part: Your tailpipe is about the same height as their driver's window. If they happen to have it down as you roll into the throttle, well, double their surprise as you roll coal into their car AND take them off the line! Oh, that's right, puff limiter. Never mind.
Ha! Puff LIMITER, not eliminator....she'll still make some smoke. Now I'm hungry for brown rice MMMMM.

Hmmmm, how much shame do I have in my game? Apparently not much....:D

Even if I don't win I am going to do one of @Burning oil 's Time Keepers on my truck sooner rather than later. When I first did the Moose install it was starting great and all was well. Then after some time I was having an issue where the truck would still start, but it wouldn't completely burn the fuel (gray smoke) until it was driven and the cylinders warmed up. The solution to this was to advance the timing a couple degrees. I was suspicious of my timing chain stretching and that being what caused my timing to be slightly retarded. At that point the chain would have only had about 3000 miles on it (I reused the gears that came in my engine since they looked good and they had lower miles on them so I just put a new chain-only on it instead). So my guess is that between further break-in and the added stress from the power the engine is making post-Moose that the chain stretched. Since I have the means to measure my timing using the Ferret timing adapter I have, I think it would be awesome data to measure my timing pre- and then post- gear set install to show how much more accurately the gear set times the engine. Oh and then of course having the peace of mind of having the gear set in the truck instead of a chain would be huge as well!

So I don't know if Leroy will reply to this and that will make me his 10,000th post or not, but regardless I WILL be installing one of his Timekeepers sometime.......I just don't know when it's in the budget since I also need to do water injection before towing season so that I don't have an extreme EGT-induced meltdown......winning one would sure move that up in my timeline. Leroy makes/sells quality products at reasonable prices and I would never hesitate to use one of his products on my rig. Heck, I have a lot of them on it already anyway and it wouldn't be where it is without him! I have no problem with this being a plug for Leroy Diesel's products if it isn't a winning post because I think everyone with a 6.5 should be using Leroy as their go-to 6.5 resource and if this post turns just 1 more person on to Leroy or gives him 1 more sale from an existing customer then I would be happy with that.....of course anyone that has followed this thread to this point, or my previous engine build thread should already know how great Leroy is as a resource, but since I just watched A Christmas Story I couldn't help writing an impassioned Ralphie-like plea for a Red Rider carbine-action, 200-shot, range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this THING THAT TELLS TIME!! I even watched my margins!!! I don't think a football is a very good 6.5 accessory. :D:D:D

This is a fun contest Leroy, thanks for supporting this site we all use and enjoy!!:)

Unless you know the TD07 compressor & turbine size you'll never know the amount of air it flows, there are at least 4 different combinations that I know of for the BIG INDUSTRIAL MITSU TURBO.

Unless you know the TD07 compressor & turbine size you'll never know the amount of air it flows, there are at least 4 different combinations that I know of for the BIG INDUSTRIAL MITSU TURBO.
Mostly I was going by several reports of -motor makes "X" amount of horsepower at 20PSI then I installed ATT and made the same "X" amount of power at 15PSI-
To my uneducated logic, that tells me that it's moving a larger amount of air at the same PSI or the same air at a lower PSI?

Maker sure they have a big a__ blower in front of your radiator too or heat soak will pull down the numbers after the first pull.
Yeah, heat soak has been a concern of mine for sure. That should be an advantage for doing it during the winter months because there will be plenty of cool air: today it's going to reach a balmy high of 14*F!

Back