• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM Powertrain Warranties Just Lost 40k Miles

That'll cost 'em... In a BIG way. I have a sneaking suspicion they will wind up backtracking this

Their reasoning is that the 100k Warranties didn't lure Customers like they thought it would. I don't believe that for a second. IMO, the shorter the warranty, the less faith the manufacturer has in their products.

Ironically enough, I was fixing to buy a Cruze diesel because of the 100K warranty.

Their reasoning is that the 100k Warranties didn't lure Customers like they thought it would. I don't believe that for a second. IMO, the shorter the warranty, the less faith the manufacturer has in their products.

I agree 100%.

Well the warranty is only as good as the parts changer at the dealership. Who buys a new car and keeps it for 100K? Most new car buyers or leases are "done" in under 50K miles and buying another car.

For those who value a warranty their are other Non-GM choices out there. Like that Korean car company that made their reputation on a 100K warranty that no one else offered.

Sigh, nothing has changed at Bean Counter GM. It's stupidity and piss poor customer service like this that makes it hard to keep buying American.

Dad asked me what I thought of the new GM pickup. I told him I didn't care or really give a **** about new GM pickups anymore. The obsolete rear drum brakes since 2005 and inability to design a working "emergency" brake let alone a working parking brake is one big reason I don't care about GM anymore. Seriously it takes rear drum brakes to get a good parking brake and the 2005 drums weren't even finned. Guess what I burned up in the first 15K miles - the rear drums! Their ignition switch cluster**** and lack of proper repair I hope doesn't get me killed at work around the affected GM clunkers. Bad joke the revised key is when the switch design and production is 100% defective. The repair didn't work on the smaller cars, but, some stupid bean counter thinks they can perform the repair on bigger cars and get away with it! What a waste of GM's money esp when they get to do it over again and properly only there will be more bodies piled up.

Yeah, I know 8 people with new loaded tahoes 2014 and 2015. Everyone of them has sworn of gm from it. They will have to lose a ton of customers before they begin to change.

As for the wrench turners in the dealerships it is luck of the draw. I watched guys go from shop to shop here at the valley auto mall- largest collection of dealerships anywhere. Cadillac 1 moth, Chevy the next, Honda after that or maybe GMC... Some of the guys, the good ones, stayed put. But more money to be made in smaller shops where they can be more picky about a higher flat rate and what work they choose to do so the best of the best guys follow the money.

Looks like I'll be going for the Nissan frontier diesel instead of the Colorado in a few years then.

That Nissan exterior just hasn't grew on me yet, and I'm not sure it will. I think the Colorado & Canyon are nice looking "smaller" trucks.

I agree the Colorado looks better, but GM has been going down in quality and now they aren't willing to stand behind their products (in my opinion).

At the dealership yesterday picking up a friend getting a service on his truck. Sales manager said you can still get the 100k warranty, just not standard (have to pay a grand or so).

As for Nissan, it is only 60,000 anyways. Do they offer an option to pay for the 100k warranty?

They should offer 100K to the original owner, then 60k to subsequent owners. At least the 1st buyer will feel better even though chances are he won't own it past 60k.

Looks like I'll be going for the Nissan frontier diesel instead of the Colorado in a few years then.

That's getting tempting. They have had to compete and offer what Domestic manufactures won't. Specific to the service department... However waiting on parts to float over the ocean can be an issue for them. Of course Dodge has had parts shortages and don't even ask GM about HUMMER H2 hoods...

who still keeps a newly purchased vehicle past 60K anyways. If they do it aint by much. Every vehicle I have purchased myself new, never made it past 40K. Before I traded it in. They are still competitive with almost all the other car manufacturers. They are probably losing a ton of money from the self entitled crowd that refuse to take ownership on anything they do or own. But, only GM knows the real reason.

Who cares, I will still only buy Chevrolet. Warranty to 100K or not.

Oh, those nissan trucks are butt ugly. I would rather walk than even be seen riding in the back seat of one.

I owned an avalanche, a 2001 model. I will agree, they are not for everyone. I married into mine. She traded it in within three years of ownership with over 100K on the clock. Never had any issues. It was a nice freeway trip vehicle. I never cared for how there was no place to store the hard bed cover. I liked the cooler in the bed with its own drain. Kept beer cold and locked up nicely. Heck, all they were was a suburban with a open bed.

The best part of the aztec is breaking bad.

Back