• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM Is Playing The 1500 Diesel Game Again...

Beat me to it!!

I hope it goes through. My dad and I were just talking about how that's exactly what he wants, a pickup that gets great gas mileage, to suppliment his Passat for those weeks a year that it's too crappy to drive the Passat.

I'd be interested as a next new rig. I can't justify 2500HD any more when I (reluctantly) go new.

I agree with some of the comments that Natural Gas powered pickups should be offered. Cost Per Mile needs to replace MPG as fuel and maintenance is higher on diesel.

They did NOT discuss emissions equipment and if the modern add DEF systems have returned the MPG lost in 2007.5+ DPF rigs.

We can only hope!!

If so, it would probably be my next truck. Maybe...

I agree with some of the comments that Natural Gas powered pickups should be offered. Cost Per Mile needs to replace MPG as fuel and maintenance is higher on diesel.

They did NOT discuss emissions equipment and if the modern add DEF systems have returned the MPG lost in 2007.5+ DPF rigs.
Since the 2011+ DEF system has proven to get MUCH better than the early 2007-2010 systems, I would say the MPG isn't as bad as many speculate. There are plenty with newer DEF equipped trucks getting good milage, almost as good as 06- before DPF's even started.

they have CNG/LNG silverados allready,,if GM is going to do a 4.5 diesel,it needs to go in suburbans/tahoes/1/2ton trucks/vans,spread it out thru the lines,and it needs to be a $2-3k upgrade

they have CNG/LNG silverados allready,,if GM is going to do a 4.5 diesel,it needs to go in suburbans/tahoes/1/2ton trucks/vans,spread it out thru the lines,and it needs to be a $2-3k upgrade

:hammer:
The cng rigs have such restrictive requirements for mechanic and body shops, the only reason fleets put them in use is for he green credits. Yeah the fuel is way cheaper, but the equipment and training that are required for municipalities to use them makes it way too expensive.

Many fleets use 1/2 ton p/u in grocery getter mode because of the insurance costs, and lower driver injury rates at -45 mph crashes. Couple that with the abuse factor and the little diesel would be a winner in fleets.

I am still waiting for a new diesel Suburban or Tahoe to fall into my driveway.

Dibs on Mikes LBZ.:hello:

I didn't say I was gonna change any time soon. .. :dunno:

Hell, I've got another 7k to go before it hits the quarter million miles mark. :hihi: Finally broke in. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535

I thought gnome destroyed the tooling for the 4.5? Maybe someone got excited about the response to a 2016 Colorado diesel and misspoke.

Will believe it when I see it . . . :skep: Better proof will come when the Union puts out a press release that it is looking forward to seeing its membership build the 4.5. Until then, will keep updating my 6.5 Burb :hihi:

So here's my rambling thoughts about this. If they actually do this there will be some kind of silly restrictions like extended cab only or must include XXXX option in order to get the diesel, or not allowed to add XXXX option that really has nothing to do with the engine. It will also end up being a very pricey option. Bottom line it won't appeal to the masses and it will end up being discontinued. There's times I really wonder if the powers to be in the automotive industry really understand economics and sales. I then wonder how much their hands get tied with epa and such. They can't be that out of touch with the world.......can they??

For example, quadrasteer. Great invention, but too expensive and put on the wrong platform. It's not the shortbed trucks that have maneuver issues, it's the CCLB that take 40 acres to turn around.

The Chevy Cruze. I see the diesel going away soon IMHO. Mileage is not much better than the Cruze Eco, expensive option, and you can't get it with a manual tranny. Sales will drop.

I didn't say I was gonna change any time soon. .. :dunno:

Hell, I've got another 7k to go before it hits the quarter million miles mark. :hihi: Finally broke in. :D

I love it Mike! That is due to your excellent preventative maintenance program. :thumbsup:

You should be good to go for another 250K. ;)

Back