• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Getting my CUCV today!

Well, I went yesterday to Clovis and picked it up. It had been sitting since the day after Christmas when it wouldn't start. Previously, when it wouldn't start, it was about 15 degrees outside. It had taken several minutes for the Glow Plug light to go out, and when I tried to crank, the batteries rapidly went to the red. Well, yesterday, a friend took me to pick it up. I had purchased a jump pack and took jumper cables along in case I needed either. I hopped in the truck and turned the key, just to see what battery charge was showing. It showed half charge, then the glow plug light went out. I turned the key and it fired right up! I'll post more pics as soon as I wash it!

Thanks Acesneights1. BTW, the dash is pretty badly cracked. I know you had asked about it previously. So I got it home, and today, I managed to break the crank on the back window. :( Damnit. Whats the best way to replace that mechanism?

I found the little "gear transmission" for the electric window for $25 on Ebay.

LMC wanted $110 for that piece. Ebay...$25. :D

Might be able to find one there. Can't hurt to look.

Back