• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gell Or? Help

I was jsut reading from the beginnning... if you don't want a programmer but need some way to read codes, why not get a Scangauge? They're cheap and you can leave it hooked up with the additional gauge functions handy. I've got one with a mount that places it over the rearview mirror. No one even notices it unless I point it out to them.

Thanks Grady but I bought an Actron code reader Sat and that will get me what I need for now. It was $140 out the door at AZone. Coulda' bought the $60 one but I knew I'd regret not getting the better one. Learned long ago not to buy cheap tools unless your going to throw it away after 1 use...
I believe I just need to pull the trigger for the front cover on ebay.
One thing I couldn't figure out is why, after I was in limp Fri and I shut it off,
I couldn't get it to go back to high idle after a restart so the TC would lock and warm the trans. That stumps me...

Back