• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gauging interest in a new intake adaptor for the ATT

:) :) :)
For the prototype, or actual experience with the aluminum adapter, any effect on drone?

Got the answer to my earlier dilemma and the Burb needed a new / newer 6.5, got approval to fix it, and she got an extension on life :thumbsup:

No effect on drone with the one I did for the peninsular (no offset) either. No noticeable change in performance, positive or otherwise either.
The cost of using billet and machining is what killed the idea of marketing it as well.

Congrats on getting the Frau's blessing on extending the life of your truck.

No effect on drone . . .

Figured as much with yours as it was basically an extender; Leroy's is more of a bellows, so I was primarily curious about whether the expanded box was at one of the fractional wavelengths that could dampen or amplify the drone.

Congrats on getting the Frau's blessing on extending the life of your truck.

Thanks. She is still far from fond of the beast, but as long as the expenses are not hitting her wallet there is tolerance. As part of the deal, I also have to somehow address the engine noise (pet peeve #1) to tamp it down a bit, so am thinking my choices are adding material under the carpet or upgrading the radio to a 1,000 watt system with a couple of sub-woofers :hihi:

How about this:

(Sorry Leroy, could not resist)

No prob. Have you seen (forget the process name) the patterns that can be transfered to fender flares and such? Its pretty cool. A liquid pattern floats on water (I think is water?) then you dip the part into the pattern.

looks pretty darn good for the price! Billet would be the best, but after that cost estimate, the welded unit is far more appealing.

now to save up for an ATT so I can have a need for one of these....... :)

also leroy, how much would it cost you to make a billet aluminum plug to delete the silencer tube on a K47 airbox? engrave Leroydiesel.com on it too. :)

now one of those I could use and may be able to afford. I am afraid a frost plug will fall out, not much surface to clamp with a hose clamp, so that Is why I wondered about a fat billet plug that has plenty of area for a hoseclamp to squeeze.

If I were you I'd put the 92-97 elbow and PVC st ell on it and do away with the silencer version, those have that plastic elbow that are restrictive.
If you want to keep the silencer type I found a nice plug at Lowes in the chain link fencing section. Its a little cup looking thing with a nice flange on it.

If I were you I'd put the 92-97 elbow and PVC st ell on it and do away with the silencer version, those have that plastic elbow that are restrictive.
If you want to keep the silencer type I found a nice plug at Lowes in the chain link fencing section. Its a little cup looking thing with a nice flange on it.

WTF? Need a picture translation please.

Thanks. She is still far from fond of the beast, but as long as the expenses are not hitting her wallet there is tolerance. Mine just cleared me for a larger tool chest. Life is good

As part of the deal, I also have to somehow address the engine noise (pet peeve #1) to tamp it down a bit, so am thinking my choices are adding material under the carpet or upgrading the radio to a 1,000 watt system with a couple of sub-woofers :hihi:
Trust me, the Stereo system is a more effective use of time. As for sound dampening and padding, I had to replace carpet padding when the heater coil saturated mine; used RAAMaudio's BXT II along the firewall and floor, then extra padding under the carpet. There's equally effective options, apparently, through either Lowe's or Home Depot than the RAAM stuff.

See posts #s 18 32 36 http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?29321-94-Suburban-Build-threadI dont remember taking pics of the fence post plug, but know I've mentioned it before.

The photo of the OEM and DE down pipes side by side is a good one to put in the Parts and/or Definition sticky for reference. I copied it to my own photo library, hope you don't mind.

As for the cap/plug, I'll be up at Home Depot Today and will look and see if I can find and photo the thing. I don't have the intake so I'm guessing its what, 3/4" or smaller?

So it's that air filter condition indicator thing?

BTW love the shrimp boil, though down there is should be a crawdad boil.

Trust me, the Stereo system is a more effective use of time. As for sound dampening and padding, I had to replace carpet padding when the heater coil saturated mine; used RAAMaudio's BXT II along the firewall and floor, then extra padding under the carpet. There's equally effective options, apparently, through either Lowe's or Home Depot than the RAAM stuff.

The photo of the OEM and DE down pipes side by side is a good one to put in the Parts and/or Definition sticky for reference. I copied it to my own photo library, hope you don't mind.

As for the cap/plug, I'll be up at Home Depot Today and will look and see if I can find and photo the thing. I don't have the intake so I'm guessing its what, 3/4" or smaller?
Its the hole for the silencer baffle thing. Guessing its 1 1/2" id.
So it's that air filter condition indicator thing?

BTW love the shrimp boil, though down there is should be a crawdad boil.

It the plug for baffle thing.
I love to boil shrimp and clean parts at the same time. They dont taste very good though.
BTW Got Colbys Adaptor mailed this AM.

I'll try to see if I can get a picture of the plug I used in the baffle hole.

Its the hole for the silencer baffle thing. Guessing its 1 1/2" id.

It the plug for baffle thing.
I love to boil shrimp and clean parts at the same time. They dont taste very good though.
BTW Got Colbys Adaptor mailed this AM.

I'll try to see if I can get a picture of the plug I used in the baffle hole.

Did Colby order O-rings for his oil filter adaptor?

Sounding like we're going to have a wrenching party next Saturday. He has the oil cooler and stainless lines to install, in addition to the ATT and spacer. Also a Heath Cold Air I take and the FRC 10 to be be installed. Figure we can have 3 of us wrenching on projects at the same time.

Is this what you're referring too?

View attachment 39724

View attachment 39725
If so, I dunno, a little pricy (sarcasm off):rolleyes5:
Basicaly yes, your in the right department :) and if that one fit then it would be ok, has nice flange on it. I'll go look right now for mine. I forgot to earlier.
Did Colby order O-rings for his oil filter adaptor?

Sounding like we're going to have a wrenching party next Saturday. He has the oil cooler and stainless lines to install, in addition to the ATT and spacer. Also a Heath Cold Air I take and the FRC 10 to be be installed. Figure we can have 3 of us wrenching on projects at the same time.

I dont remember on 4x4 seals? Sounds like a fun day to come. Who is the third?
Also, I seem to remember the S&B box wont fit with ATT? Not sure though anyone else remember a post on that?

Well I went and looked but can't find the boot with the plug. I'll run up to Lowes tomorrow and snap a picture. Do they charge for that?:eek:

I dont remember on 4x4 seals? Sounds like a fun day to come. Who is the third?
Also, I seem to remember the S&B box wont fit with ATT? Not sure though anyone else remember a post on that?

I'm the third party member as I'll be heading that way to link up with 635 at Pomona and Big T is just down the road.

I've got the Heath designed CAI which is the one S&B sells only with slight modification so it can be a Hot Air intake...I digress. Not sure if Big T got that one or the new unit Bill's marketing. As to the "S&B" there's no issues other than the opening at the fender well...one inch gap that can be overcome if the truck still has the OEM hardware from the original intake. If not, a piece can be fashioned to breach the distance (been there, done that). Thought I had a shot of a 'doughnut' made from 3/4" radiator hose to form a soft seal I used with it when I ran my ATT. I'll look for it.

Found the Pictures too late to edit the above.

ON EDIT:
As to the "S&B" there's no issues other than the opening at the fender well...one inch gap that can be overcome if the truck still has the OEM hardware from the original intake. That gap is present regardless of turbo used if you don't have that OEM hardware, just more pronounced with ATT & S-84 than the GM-X.
Here's mine with the ATT installed...no problemo!
DSC01270.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

On my Fender there are two holes for mounting the Air Intakes. Only one seems to be used as the other is sealed with a rubber grommet. The one used for the GM-X is outboard where as the inner one needs to be used for the ATT. I just move the grommet back and forth when switching between Turbo's.

As to the OEM hardware at the fender, If you don't have one, as is my case, a piece can be fashioned to breach the distance (been there, done that).

Here's shot of a 'doughnut' made from 3/4" radiator hose to form a soft seal I used with my ATT (and should with the current turbo).
DSC01343.jpg

I'm the third party member as I'll be heading that way to link up with 635 at Pomona and Big T is just down the road.

I've got the Heath designed CAI which is the one S&B sells only with slight modification so it can be a Hot Air intake...I digress. Not sure if Big T got that one or the new unit Bill's marketing. As to the "S&B" there's no issues other than the opening at the fender well...one inch gap that can be overcome if the truck still has the OEM hardware from the original intake. If not, a piece can be fashioned to breach the distance (been there, done that). Thought I had a shot of a 'doughnut' made from 3/4" radiator hose to form a soft seal I used with it when I ran my ATT. I'll look for it.

Paul, the air intake is coming from Bill Heath. I talked to him last week. Remember I traded a set of polished PYOs for this.

I talked to Colby and he's trying to get the time on Saturday. His wife's B'day is on Monday.

Thats good to know Paul.

Big T, I realized last night I was in such a hurry to get the adaptor mailed that I forgot to put the new bolts in the box. I'll get those mailed Tomorrow.

Back