• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gauging interest in a new intake adaptor for the ATT

My interest is for the Peninsular upper adapter. Tapped for the 3/8" NPT IAT sensor and three 1/4" NPT taps with the 1/8" bushings as previously discussed would satisfy the OEM sensor and aftermarket gauge set up needs.
Eventually, I'd like one for the OEM upper intake to ATT but as my use would be experimental, those that actually need them should have first access. My Peninsular spacer set up will function in the meantime.

Well my aluminium welder is not working. Im going to have to figure that out before I can procede. Always something.

Am on the fence as it now depends on how the Burb's coolant is getting into the oil and whether I am allowed to fix it . . . Expecting to know in another week or so.

While working on the rigging, here is another 'bling' item to consider: simulated wood grain :D

Well my aluminium welder is not working. Im going to have to figure that out before I can procede. Always something.

No problem. Story of my year. A welders down, no time, where's that part/material I've been holding on to forever...

Wood grain... Hang on to that thought.

Thanks for the offer Marty. If I was closer..... Is yours tig or mig?

I got the adaptor welded up today and a quick polish on it. IT LOOKS GOOD!
Im going to wait til tomorrow to take pictures to get some good light on it.
Sorry Big T I don't have pics of the process this time.
Im thinking of giving it a "candy" paint job... Maybe??

Paul should be able to start on yours tomorrow :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer Marty. If I was closer..... Is yours tig or mig?

I got the adaptor welded up today and a quick polish on it. IT LOOKS GOOD!
Im going to wait til tomorrow to take pictures to get some good light on it.
Sorry Big T I don't have pics of the process this time.
Im thinking of giving it a "candy" paint job... Maybe??

Paul should be able to start on yours tomorrow :thumbsup:

It can weld both, it is called the ready welder II. It runs on two car batteries. You are only three hours away. 1.5 if we split it.

Offer still stands.

Looks great to me. Now you have me thinking about painting the intake manifold.

Colby

Now the painful part, I'll be sending you the invoice next :hihi:

Actualy $140 is an awesome deal on this. I dont think you could make it yourself for less. Apples to Apples.

Looks great to me. Now you have me thinking about painting the intake manifold.
Colby
When and where are you planning to do the ATT install?

Now the painful part, I'll be sending you the invoice next :hihi:

Actualy $140 is an awesome deal on this. I dont think you could make it yourself for less. Apples to Apples.
Paul should be able to start on yours tomorrow

It looks great, nice and clean. Standing by.

Nice! How about laser etching???? :) :) :)

Out of curiosity, is it 'open box' in the inside like the prototype? Presuming so, am curious about effects of airflow from going from a pipe, to a box, and then to the intake channels.

For the prototype, or actual experience with the aluminum adapter, any effect on drone?

Got the answer to my earlier dilemma and the Burb needed a new / newer 6.5, got approval to fix it, and she got an extension on life :thumbsup:

So, how is that 90* Peninsular mod coming along??? :D

It's probably fully functional and is high quality, as with anything I've seen you produce, but it isn't very pretty, in my opinion. If I was in the market for the ATT and this spacer, I would want to find some way to cover it up, so it's not visible.

Nice! How about laser etching???? :) :) :)

Out of curiosity, is it 'open box' in the inside like the prototype? Presuming so, am curious about effects of airflow from going from a pipe, to a box, and then to the intake channels.

For the prototype, or actual experience with the aluminum adapter, any effect on drone?

Got the answer to my earlier dilemma and the Burb needed a new / newer 6.5, got approval to fix it, and she got an extension on life :thumbsup:

So, how is that 90* Peninsular mod coming along??? :D
It is open inside. I thought of using billet but each piece was working out to $325 (my cost). Then I thought about casting them, again the cost is way to high. This set up is the most cost effective that I know.
I have only used the Prototype with an ATT there is no drone with it.
Im also working on a program for the peninsular upper.

It's probably fully functional and is high quality, as with anything I've seen you produce, but it isn't very pretty, in my opinion. If I was in the market for the ATT and this spacer, I would want to find some way to cover it up, so it's not visible.

Put the plastic "turbo Power" cover back on :hihi: Actualy with this red manifold and a polished adaptor it is going to POP. If you scuff it with a scotch brite and dont powdercoat/paint the intake it will blend in nicely.

Back