• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gathering parts for future Super car" buget build.

Might need different bellhousing if its from an LSX engine. Not sure if the LT1 versions are as strong? The TR6060 is stronger than a T56. Some say a T56 Magnum is the same thing as a TR6060. I know the TR6060 has a stronger case, 3 syncros instead of the 2 on a T56 and TR6060 has thicker gears.
Not sure if an LT1 BH will fit later model T56/TR6060?

Main shaft did come in today. Thought Id be getting more pictures, only got the one and its still in the plastic bag. The shaft to the left with all the gear still on it is the one getting replaced. You can see how much longer new one is.

DSCF2658.JPG

More progress, Got the trans/axle back today. Its a TR6060 from a 2010 Camaro that I had to replace the output shaft from a Corvette TR6060.
This is going to allow for a compact drive train as you can see. The engine bolts directly to trans and trans to diff.

DSCF2660.JPG DSCF2662.JPG DSCF2665.JPG DSCF2666.JPG

This is where I'll have to fab in a shifter. I wanted to use the stock Camaro peice but it hit the new Corvette tail.
Will be an easy fix though just have to find a shifter or modify mine.
DSCF2664.JPG

Have you thought about using a Buick Reatta as a base for your project? I saw one today and it reminded me of your project since they're mid-engine. I think they have a nice looking front end, too.

reatta.jpg

I always liked the styling of the Reatta- to bad it drove the wrong set of wheels!

Keeping an eye on this thread, Looks to be a cool project. Keep up the good work.

Oh I thought they were a cousin of the Fiero and had the engine in the back. Whoops.

The Reatta was the platform mate to the Caddy Allante. Still would be fun to gut the trunk and shove a motor back there with a transaxle.

This is going to be very slow until I can make some room around here. I need to sell a Jetta TDI and my Suburban to start then a bunch of small stuff.

Back