• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Garage for Humster.

If you are doing this for exercise as well as building- I get it. But if not attempting exercise, then why not buy an electric jack hammer? Amazon has them for $150ish.
Even if only needed for this one project, it could be sold for most of the money back when finished.

Then the time and energy better spent doing far more productive exercises for health.

I weigh 200 pounds and am 6 feet tall. I think I need to lose weight. After mining 50 buckets, I lose 6-8 pounds. but then I gain again.
It is a combination of the useful with the pleasant.

The snow began to melt. water went into the basement of the garage. 10 inches leaked. the walls crumbled a little. the foundation does not crack yet. (Pumping pump rumbles)
IMG20210504170957.jpg

Planned to concrete with a water-repellent additive in concrete. I completed the digging of the basement by 60-70%. When the flood stops. I will clear the landslides, build the formwork. and I will fill the walls with concrete in parts.

In mil.surp. store - sometimes you can buy useful goods for a penny.
For 20 brand new lamp's and a great iron box, I gave $40

Last edited:
Moving right along.
Price of lumber over here, I think that just one form board on the inside of the room then pouring concrete to the dirt wall would be cheaper.
I was told a 4’X8’ sheet of OSB particle board is now over $80.00 american money. IIRC, they used to be about $15.00 but dont quote me on that.

This was planned, the walls to collapse as a result of the flood. and in order to fill them, you will have to fill in a lot of concrete. so I will make a concrete wall and then throw away the earth that collapsed. I buy boards at $ 200 per cubic meter - 50 boards14f 2x4inch (50x100mm). OSB ½ 4x8 costs $ 20.
Rebar $ 1 per 1 kg.(~2lbs).
Cement M500 50 kg (110 lb) costs $ 9.
1 cubic meter of concrete costs $ 100, + delivery by a mixer $ 40

Last edited:
Back