• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel shutoff problem?

Not done yet... how come it only fried the fuse AFTER it came up to operating temp?

You aren't gonna tell me the bumper isn't conductive below that temperature, are ya?

Not done yet... how come it only fried the fuse AFTER it came up to operating temp?

You aren't gonna tell me the bumper isn't conductive below that temperature, are ya?

Nope, not gonna tell ya that. Nonetheless, all three fails occured AFTER reaching operating temp. Perhaps it took a bit of driving to get the wire to vibrate up against the bumper?(Karma getting me for a past discretion, letting drive 20 miles from home?) About 300 miles since repair on Wednesday morning, and no fails yet.

That being said, I have a fair bit of free time next week. I intend to spend some of it going thru the wiring looms, looking for potential problems, and I will start with the CTS circuit. Looking at the wiring schematic I found, I've also noticed a couple of grounds I missed the first time around. Gotta get them also.

Last edited:
Sweet, yachtcare. I'm not trying to be the voice of despair here, just trying to figure out why that happened... I don't like co-inky-dinks with my diesels...

Back