• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Injector Testing and Tuning

Add a check valve to your press to keep pressure in the tube when you're not pressing. In this way, the injectors can be checked for leaks.
View attachment 80603
Okay. There is a valve wheel on the side of the tester that can be closed. I never thought about using that. I was just pressing on the handle and the injectors was leaking bad enough that the gauge would go no where near about 1800 to 1900 PSI and hold there. The injectors were actually popping at around 1400 to 1500 PSI making it impossible to climb higher at times.

Thank You very much Denata.
Maybe I should open the box and do a retest.
Add pressure up to the 1400 or so PSI then close the valve and see if a drip does form and hang on.
In the past years, doing the pencil type injectors, I would pump them up the same as what I am doing here, then hold the pump handle and if the injector leaked down while I was holding the pump handle against the pressure, I deemed that a bad injector and replaced it.
We had never tested these Bosch style injectors nor had We ever replaced them.
Doing a PM on the trucks running the 6.5 engine it seemed We never had a problem with an engine missing on a cylinder or two so we just never replaced any of the injectors.
Glow Plugs, GP controllers, even sent an occasional injection pump over to Glendive to get it rebuilt but never a problem with an injector.

I have sent an email to the supplier of the new Bosch injectors, informing My request to return all 8 and wanting to go a different route, with a different injector and set up to supposedly marine standards.

Might want to reconsider this path. I tried marines for a while. Meh. Truly feel that people are chasing ghosts here. Same for going with higher pop pressures.

Do this: https://leroydiesel.com/products/bosch-injector-set-of-8-brand-new-no-core/

When it was time for a new engine, I went back to standard injectors from Leroy and did not regret the decision. Local injector shop tested them for free and they were all the same (do not remember the pop pressure). I installed them and did not have to rethink anything.

To the point, just roll with Leroy's injectors and be done ;)

Might want to reconsider this path. I tried marines for a while. Meh. Truly feel that people are chasing ghosts here. Same for going with higher pop pressures.

Do this: https://leroydiesel.com/products/bosch-injector-set-of-8-brand-new-no-core/

When it was time for a new engine, I went back to standard injectors from Leroy and did not regret the decision. Local injector shop tested them for free and they were all the same (do not remember the pop pressure). I installed them and did not have to rethink anything.

To the point, just roll with Leroy's injectors and be done ;)
iirc Marty bought these injectors from Leroy and they giving him fits.

iirc Marty bought these injectors from Leroy and they giving him fits.
Yup. Maybe it is My test procedures 🤷‍♂️
They all 8 are now on their way to Pro Tech Diesel in Glendive.
He has a fakebook page that I cant view but its okay. If anyone wants to check out his operation then feel free to do so.
When I talked to Pro Tech this morning He said it is $10.00 per injector. I feel it will be a $80.00 well spent to clear up any confusion. I also asked if He would pack each injector individually with the specs He come up with when He tests them.
I did not pack the suspect injectors separately, poked four injectors, with their top shields in place, into one zip lock baggie and four in another baggie.
Then their will be no thinking one or two is worse than any of the others.

Yup. Maybe it is My test procedures 🤷‍♂️
They all 8 are now on their way to Pro Tech Diesel in Glendive.
He has a fakebook page that I cant view but its okay. If anyone wants to check out his operation then feel free to do so.
When I talked to Pro Tech this morning He said it is $10.00 per injector. I feel it will be a $80.00 well spent to clear up any confusion. I also asked if He would pack each injector individually with the specs He come up with when He tests them.
I did not pack the suspect injectors separately, poked four injectors, with their top shields in place, into one zip lock baggie and four in another baggie.
Then there will be no thinking one or two is worse than any of the others.
Did you get the injectors back with the test results?

Did you get the injectors back with the test results?
No. Mailed them to Glendive, 80 miles east, to a diesel specialty shop. The guy used to rebuild IPs from 6.5s for the DOT. Not sure how soon he will be able to get to them. Asked his secretary if He could document each injector with all the info, pop pressures etc

No. Mailed them to Glendive, 80 miles east, to a diesel specialty shop. The guy used to rebuild IPs from 6.5s for the DOT. Not sure how soon he will be able to get to them. Asked his secretary if He could document each injector with all the info, pop pressures etc
Would they still rebuild DS4 IPs?

Monark was the name of the company doing the injector nozzles for the Mercedes injectors.
In one of the Mercedes videos I heard him mention that Monark had quit and another company is now manufacturing the nozzles for the Mercedes.
Wolfswerke-Sachsen.
I been cruising the search engines but cant find much info about them.
Be nice to get them to work up a batch of about 500 units for us, for our 6.5 injectors.

I am thinking of soaking the nozzles, from the BWD injectors I have, in vinegar and see if the carbon will be dissolved. Then spin the pintles within the nozzle, without lapping compound, and see if they will seal up.
I am now completely laid up for at least five weeks until I next see the orthotics doc and get a release that I can go to 30 pounds. Nothing on the injectors is that heavy, I’m just not taking a chance of ripping loose some of this hardware.
Lowest large chunks was from the previous implant.
IMG_5900.jpeg

And a view from the back.

IMG_5901.jpeg

Demixid dissolves carbon very well.
Other titles: (Brosorb, Damul, Deltan, Demasorb, Demavet, Dermasorb, Dimethylsulfoxid, DMSO, Dolicur, Dolocur, Dromisol, Durasorb, Hyadur, Mastan, Somipront, Syntexan).
Especially when it's hot. Incidentally, the solidification point of undiluted demixide is +18°C (64°F).

From 2:20 time

Last edited:
Back