• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Injector Testing and Tuning

Try pouring Dimexide into the press and testing the nozzles by forcing hot Demixide through them.
In the normal state, the nozzle needle is pressed against the seat, and deposits in the seat under the needle should be washed out. And for this it is necessary that the needle rises, i.e. give pressure.
And hot demixid acts much more efficiently than cold.

Screenshot_2023-04-10-16-01-28-34_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Berrymans B-12 does good on carbon too. not sure if you can heat the stuff but I've watched it "melt" off throttle bodys as it was sprayed on. Maybe get some of the pour in the tank kind and soak them over night. While your in to them see what nozzles they have in them.

Diluted dimexide can be used to lubricate injuries. for you and your horse:)
I got several on my back right now thats driving Me nutz.
Maybe some of this DHMO would libricate that and stop them from itching anndda burning
My
Berrymans B-12 does good on carbon too. not sure if you can heat the stuff but I've watched it "melt" off throttle bodys as it was sprayed on. Maybe get some of the pour in the tank kind and soak them over night. While your in to them see what nozzles they have in them.
The numbers on the injectors leads back to Standard Product units. I did some searching and finally came to the conclusion, totally made in commiechinkachina.
I also have a set of made in England injectors, Lucas brand.
After I get the truck back together I want to do some testing on those injectors too. I would hope that they’d be better than the commiechinesium garbage. See if they will work into a nice set.
I wont be doing a thing though for a few more weeks, until after the week five appt with the doc about the back.
Still be restricted to 30 pounds but should be able to manage a couple sets of injectors, long as I dont bend, lift or twist.

Yeah, you don't want to be bent over the engine compartment for a while. even after the doc releases you to do heavier lifts. bending over makes your back lift and carry the weight of your upper body and arms on top of what you have in your hands.

as you rest and recoop, you can make a to do list and plan out all your work. taking your time always seems to come out better in the end.

Yeah, you don't want to be bent over the engine compartment for a while. even after the doc releases you to do heavier lifts. bending over makes your back lift and carry the weight of your upper body and arms on top of what you have in your hands.

as you rest and recoop, you can make a to do list and plan out all your work. taking your time always seems to come out better in the end.
Yup. In it for the long haul.
This surgery is much more invasive than the last one. He went in through the guts on that one. This one in through the back. Stitches, staples or rivets back there thats driving me nutz with a itch. He said no salves on those incisions.
It will clear up in a while.

Demixid dissolves carbon very well.
Other titles: (Brosorb, Damul, Deltan, Demasorb, Demavet, Dermasorb, Dimethylsulfoxid, DMSO, Dolicur, Dolocur, Dromisol, Durasorb, Hyadur, Mastan, Somipront, Syntexan).
Especially when it's hot. Incidentally, the solidification point of undiluted demixide is +18°C (64°F).

From 2:20 time
Watching this video. I would like to have one of these cars.

Such machines have been imported to Canada for a very long time. Called VAZ
I would love to visit that museum sometime.
Also, a Ural motorcycle has been on My bucket list since the first one I seen. Should have bought then. Price was slightly over $2500.00 fully loaded. Sidecar and all.

Dismantled one of those Lucas injectors.
The nozzle within is clearly marked Bosch made in Germany.
The pintle was stuck in the nozzle. I got it worked free.
Going to try soaking the nozzle and pintle and see if the carbon will dissolve, then put it back together and see what it does.

Took a drive to the local farm and ranch store.
Found me a jug of this back in the horse supply/medicine section. It says something about 99% pure so maybe it will work to dissolve the carbon from those components.
IMG_5997.jpeg
Now with the two drives to the other side of town, time to take a break. Needing a sit back and recline quite badly. 😹
Oh yeah, edited to say, about $21.00 American for that jug.

Took one of the Lucas, true German bosh injectors apart. Used the DMSO and soaked the pintle and nozzle. That dissolved the carbon on the pintle and observable carbon on the nozzle. Scrubbed components in mineral spirits, blasted with B&P cleaner. Then assembled. Had the same results as before. A steady stream of fuel at less than 1000 PSI.
Dismantled. Took the pintle and chucked the stem in the drill press. Held the nozzle, fired up the DP and inserted the nozzle over the pintle. Let the pintle spin against the nozzle seat for a short time.
Reassembled. Still pissing its stream. Added a 0.016 shim. Pressured to over 3,000 PSI and still peeing. Adjusted shims to chatter at about 2200 PSI.
Pressured up. The pintle still wanted to pee its stream. Chattered the injector.
Built the pressure back up. This time it holds pressure at about 1600 to 1800 PSI. It wont pop. It just continues pissing a larger stream.
I’ll mess with it some more, see what happens next.

Back