• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel contamination

If you unscrew the inlet fuel fitting from the IP the screen is part of that assembly. Just make sure the area around the fitting is clean so you don't get dirt and crud into the IP
Very clean. Operating room clean. Probably better than that. The hospitals I've seen weren't as clean as you would think/hope they would be.

Stoney, that doesn't look like big crud to me.

I usually fill the ffm with Sea Foam when I change the filter.

I always clean the FFM when I change a filter.

I generally use 12 volt fuel pump or old lift pump to suck stuff out.

I am curious as to how much of the crud you are finding in the ffm might have come with the fuel tank when you bought it.

@jrsavoie that has been my thought too I was trying to find pictures but I couldn't locate them and I don't remember what post I put it on... When I installed that tank it had brown stuff all over the walls in it and on the bottom.. obviously I tried cleaning it but it wouldn't come off so I assumed it was some kind of staining or something of that nature and therefore did not worry about it. Very possible that the diesel fuel being in it all the time losing the stuff up finally and it started coming off... I don't know if this makes any difference or matters but the prior owner of the tank I believe it used it for gasoline not diesel but I'm not 100% sure

@jrsavoie ...not since I put it in about 5-6 months ago.. I'll buy one and another regular filter before I hook up the boat tank. And put in the new fuel lines.. regardless of what it is, it shouldn't be in there so gonna go ahead and swap everything..
In other news I've been able to pick up alot more tree work with buddy, may actually become a full time job. But guaranteed alot more than it has been.. so I'm going to have more cash to work with then I have been having.. so tomorrow I'm going to splurge and buy new brake lines for back of truck.. already got the little hose.. and boss is going to pay to get the brake system power bleed and abs triggered to make sure there's no air in abs box.. he actually said something about that once he had his master cylinder changed and they didn't adjust the brake pedal (I believe) and it caused occasional brake drag because it wouldn't release far enough to vent or something of that nature.. does that make sense to any of y'all?? I didn't know you were supposed to adjust anything on the brake pedal.. of course it may not apply to our trucks also

To be honest that sand looking stuff could have been in there from your original tank and got there before you installed the inline filter. The fuel in the tank pic you posted looks nice n clean now! If you can’t rub off anything on your finger or doesn’t feel slimy. it’s probably just stained you might not need to go through all the trouble with the boat tank thing

@jrsavoie ...not since I put it in about 5-6 months ago.. I'll buy one and another regular filter before I hook up the boat tank. And put in the new fuel lines.. regardless of what it is, it shouldn't be in there so gonna go ahead and swap everything..
In other news I've been able to pick up alot more tree work with buddy, may actually become a full time job. But guaranteed alot more than it has been.. so I'm going to have more cash to work with then I have been having.. so tomorrow I'm going to splurge and buy new brake lines for back of truck.. already got the little hose.. and boss is going to pay to get the brake system power bleed and abs triggered to make sure there's no air in abs box.. he actually said something about that once he had his master cylinder changed and they didn't adjust the brake pedal (I believe) and it caused occasional brake drag because it wouldn't release far enough to vent or something of that nature.. does that make sense to any of y'all?? I didn't know you were supposed to adjust anything on the brake pedal.. of course it may not apply to our trucks also

I've never heard of adjusting the brake pedal when doing a simple brake job

Submitted for @Will L. Approval..lol.. fyi that crap is expensive..!!! Cost me almost a hundred dollars just for the roll. But at least it won't rust and I can bend it by hand

Attachments

• 166052678470324902755.jpg
    166052678470324902755.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 3
I might be wrong but isn’t the line to the rear axle 5/16”? Or metric I’ve never measured it but always thought the main line to the rear before the tee was a larger size

Easiest way to check is crawl under there where the tee is on your axle and hold them side by side to compare. Try not to open the package if you need to exchange it. Thinking more about it I think you got it right. 1/4 to the back and 3/16 for the front

Back