• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally gonna build a new shop

Well Simon, you finally did it to me. I'm envious and that is a sin! Seriously, I like it a lot! I'm not suppose to covet, but I sure would like to have one just like it! Congratulations.

Simone, the fruits of you efforts is really great. I am sure you also are in awe of what you have done. No more working on the equipment on the frozen dirt floor. Congrats!!!

Looks absolutely great Simon. :thumbsup: How is it as far as keeping the temp comfortable now?

Folks there is no way i would go back to that dark cold dirty hell hole i called "shop" for many years,altough that "hole" has kept me on the farm when times were though,..for that i'm gratefull :agreed:.
I feel like a million $$ with all that space and the light and to be able to work in my shirt no matter how cold it gets out there(does that answer your ? BT :D).

Leo,i never cleaned the old dirtfloor,just used the garden rake once a year.but it is amazing how fast that concrete collects dirt(and i thought my tractors didn't leak..guess what! :rolleyes5:.My wife bought me a broom,i said,.'you get to use too,..i don't know how?.Her answer,.'F you ,i clean the house,.the shop is all yours.:hihi:

Les,thanks.. My wife is now within yelling distance when she needs me,..which is frequent ;)

Believe me Jim,..you can have the -40,..i had enough.

Marauderer, thanks,it's apricated.

Thankfull, Being envious is NO sin,I think you should lighten up a bit on that "God" stuff.

If you want something,you got to focus and work on it and it'll come sooner or later.AFAIAC praying don't help a thing,it never did nothing for me.
But keeping both eyes open and being lucky at the right moment,..THAT helps.
Ofcourse,some people only seem to have bad luck and that is sad but if one dwells on that it drives one stark raving mad.

Thankfull, Being envious is NO sin,I think you should lighten up a bit on that "God" stuff.

Simon, I can't lighten on what God has called me to do! I will not disobey Him! And yes, envy is one of the "seven deadly sins."

The 7 Deadly Sins, also known as the Capital Vices or Cardinal Sins, is a classification of objectionable vices that have been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct followers concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. The currently recognized version of the sins are usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

But your new garage looks great.

Simon, I can't lighten on what God has called me to do! I will not disobey Him! And yes, envy is one of the "seven deadly sins."

The 7 Deadly Sins, also known as the Capital Vices or Cardinal Sins, is a classification of objectionable vices that have been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct followers concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. The currently recognized version of the sins are usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

But your new garage looks great.
Without trying to turn this in a religeous tread,but IMO "jealousy" is a sin and envy is just wanting to have the same thing as another has without being jealous.

There is notting bad about being proud of what one has accomplished and i have pride in what i did and do(without pride means 'lets say,going to work and not give a damn if you accomplish something or not [very common nowadays])
I have lusted after my wife many a time,still do,that(causes kids ;), and love and respect make a marriage strong(mine 40 yrs this fall)(without it you may as well just have a room mate :rolleyes5:

Yes thank you,it's a nice shop...something to be proud of ;)

It's probably like a lot of things, a little is good, extremes are bad.

One may envy your shop but unless they try and take it I would think it's OK. JMO

Hopefully the pesky under the truck trouble light problem is solved.
i bolted 4 small casters under a 2 tube covered fluorescent fixture,gives plenty light, is easy to move and won't turn turtle on me like a ordinary light will,...works fine as a head rest too.;)

Attachments

• trouble light.jpg
    trouble light.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 7
Good idea. Trouble light are either shining away from where you want or directly in your eyes.

Now that's a great idea Simon. Shop looks great. I'm sure glad we put one up sooner rather than later, I think I would go nuts w/o it at home to use.

Without trying to turn this in a religeous tread,but IMO "jealousy" is a sin and envy is just wanting to have the same thing as another has without being jealous.

I have lusted after my wife many a time,still do,that(causes kids ;), and love and respect make a marriage strong(mine 40 yrs this fall)(without it you may as well just have a room mate :rolleyes5:

Yes thank you,it's a nice shop...something to be proud of ;)

No, I don't want to hijack your thread and turn it into a religious thread; that's for sure. But envy, or as you put it, "wanting to have the same thing as another has," is what the tenth commandment is about. “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.” (Exodus 20:17)

And for you to lust after your wife of 40 years is perfectly alright. (It's great!) And I admire you for being married to same woman for forty years. "Love and respect make a marriage strong." Simon, you are 100% correct, and I salute you!

Hopefully the pesky under the truck trouble light problem is solved.
i bolted 4 small casters under a 2 tube covered fluorescent fixture,gives plenty light, is easy to move and won't turn turtle on me like a ordinary light will,...works fine as a head rest too.;)

What an awesome idea! Nice shop btw!

I concocted this freestanding workbench over the weekend,it's almost done
9x4 feet,38" high with 2 3/8 drillstem legs,the top is from 2 pieces of 2" laminated header,leftovers cut from the headers over the big door of the shop who were way to long.

I have so the feeling it'll outlast me :hihi:

Attachments

• workbench 002.jpg
    workbench 002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 11
  • workbench 001.jpg
    workbench 001.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 10
  • workbench 004.jpg
    workbench 004.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Wowza..just finished reading this thread. New shop looks great man! I agree though...we can do with a lot less religion in this thread. No offence Thankful but not everyone needs it pushed into their face. And before you say anything on it..Please dont. I have my reasons and i would rather not go into it and derail this thread.

Back