• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally gonna build a new shop

I finally dug the lathe out of the old shop last week,it was sunk 6" in the ground...looked a little weathered after spending 18 years in the dirt of that rat hole.:agreed:
I cleaned it up and gave it a paintjob,...looks much better now me thinks.:agreed:
I bet it likes it's new resting place.
I got a couple jobs waiting allready but I have to install the phase converter and control panel yet before i can use that thing again.

Attachments

• Tos C-45 lathe 001.jpg
    Tos C-45 lathe 001.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Tos C-45 lathe 004.jpg
    Tos C-45 lathe 004.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 11
Looking good there!

If that lathe had been in an unheated building here in the Pacific Northwet it would be nothing more than a great big rust blob now. Dads small shop (cinder block walls and metal roof) has for years had a leaking roof during heavy rains. When we moved out here to be with mom that was the only place I had to put the few tools I have. They are rusting away now. I did finally figure out where the leak was and fixed it so maybe I can start cleaning my tools up now. It would be good to see my jointer, planer, tablesaw, etc clean and rust free.

Don

It is a metric Tos C-45, 80" betw centers.(prob as old as me)
It'll fit easy a 2' dia flywheel in the gap.
Its build like a brick shithouse,lots of heavy diagonal webbing in the bed.weight is at least 7000 lb.
It was actually pretty accurate even sitting in the dirt like that.
I mean hey,as long as it is within a inch,that's not too shabby,.. ain't it,..a couple strokes with lathe file cleans that up easy :hihi:

Looking good there!

If that lathe had been in an unheated building here in the Pacific Northwet it would be nothing more than a great big rust blob now. Dads small shop (cinder block walls and metal roof) has for years had a leaking roof during heavy rains. When we moved out here to be with mom that was the only place I had to put the few tools I have. They are rusting away now. I did finally figure out where the leak was and fixed it so maybe I can start cleaning my tools up now. It would be good to see my jointer, planer, tablesaw, etc clean and rust free.

Don
yeah,water and tools ain't a good mix.
Reminds me of my old country,everything left exposed to the weather was nothing but rust in a short time with that salty sea wind, even the buildings rotted faster on the west side

Back