• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally gonna build a new shop

Nope. If it's that cold, my knuckles won't feel a thing. Just the way I like it. :thumbsup:

Why put yourself through the PAIN, right? :hihi:
Hell,come over quick!!,i got the perfect fun field job for ye :thumbsup:.I have to put a new injection pump on a mack truck(it involves splicing a new connector in the IP wiring harnass as well)It's only 0 here and the truck hasn't run all year(still summerdiesel in it).:D:D
Hope you don't have a big belly cause you have to crawl under it to time the flywheel and there's only a foot of clearance once the snow is shoveld away.:hihi:
Should be a piece of cake :agreed:

Be right up! :D

I'd help ya for sure. Damn logistics always gets in the way.

Oh my, summerdiesel.....A couple times I had to use the ol torpedo heater trick with some sheeting leaned up again the truck (FL 60 series Detroit) all the way around, after a while it got toasty. Just had to de-tox afterwards because of all the K1 fumes.. :sick: Got no choice but to get out in it when it won't fit in the garage...

That was only at zero F though...

One day I'll learn and build a nice big shop like bison!

Well anyway,i got the painting done tonight,took 33 gal(almost a grand) to do it twice.
Certainly not a job i want to do again,12000 sq ft,6000 of it overhead with a roller on a stick makes for sore shoulders and a stiff neck.

I build me a little 8'x 8' storage room for oil and air tools and such in the corner with room on top to put the air compressor and spare tires.

I found me some money so i'm gonna get the 6 T5 light fixtures tomorow.

Attachments

• shop paint 003.jpg
    shop paint 003.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 16
  • shop paint 002.jpg
    shop paint 002.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 13
Simon, that is really looking good; well done! You must be happy with the way it's turning out!

That really looks good!! You can now pat yourself on the back for a job well done.---er--ah-- maybe your wife can do it for you, we don't want so see you wearing a sling.

jk-- paint really does wonders to make it brighter in there, and makes it look sooo goood.

Don

when are you going to move the tools in?
I'm already moving the pieces i been needing like the welder and such,i got to hang the lights,build shelving, work benches and run the piping for the compressor first.
Its amazing how much need to be done yet.

How's your house coming along,..living in it yet??

I'm already moving the pieces i been needing like the welder and such,i got to hang the lights,build shelving, work benches and run the piping for the compressor first.
Its amazing how much need to be done yet.

How's your house coming along,..living in it yet??

If all goes well maybe late winter early spring

Well,i got a little bit more done.
The heaters are hanging and working,the lights as well....and man,..are they bright.:thumbsup:
I used only 2 out of the 6 sofar.

I put some used aluminum siding on the wall were the welding and machining is going to be done,..could've saved the paint that's now behind it but,..no use crying over spilled milk.

I build a 10 x 14 'storage area with balcony and stairs in an other corner with room for over 500 sq/ft of shelving,some of it in place.

i build shelves in the oil/tool room as well.

I moved some of the bigger tools over like the press,drill press,hacksaw and the A frame/hoist.

I used an old drawer cabinet and made a tool cart out of it by putting it on casters,holds a full set of tools and some.

The wall between the doors is were most mechanical activity will be done so i have a full set of tools on the wall and room for more,+the 2 old filing cabinets for electr hand tools and whatever.

And i build some brackets behind the stove to store flatbar and pipe and such.

Attachments

• shop odds and ends 009.jpg
    shop odds and ends 009.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 10
  • shop odds and ends 001.jpg
    shop odds and ends 001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 10
  • shop odds and ends 002.jpg
    shop odds and ends 002.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 9
  • shop odds and ends 003.jpg
    shop odds and ends 003.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 9
  • shop odds and ends 004.jpg
    shop odds and ends 004.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9
  • shop odds and ends 005.jpg
    shop odds and ends 005.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 9
  • shop odds and ends 006.jpg
    shop odds and ends 006.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 9
  • shop odds and ends 007.jpg
    shop odds and ends 007.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 10
  • shop odds and ends 008.jpg
    shop odds and ends 008.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9
Some more pics

Attachments

• shop odds and ends 017.jpg
    shop odds and ends 017.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 7
  • shop odds and ends 012.jpg
    shop odds and ends 012.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 7
  • shop odds and ends 013.jpg
    shop odds and ends 013.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 7
  • shop odds and ends 014.jpg
    shop odds and ends 014.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 8
  • shop odds and ends 015.jpg
    shop odds and ends 015.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 8
  • shop odds and ends 016.jpg
    shop odds and ends 016.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 8
Simon all I can say is WOW!!! I'm impressed what a difference between the old and new. The wife probably has to come out there to see you anymore.

Looks great, Simon! Nice!

This is going to spoil you, ya know ... working out in the -40* is what's kept you so healthy!

Back