• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Power mirrors would be nice, but I'd be happy with the manual ones anyway. The big options I want to put on the truck are power windows, power door locks and cruise.

I figured I'd update this, swapped the mirrors over to my "new" 99 silverado, got them wired up yesterday.

Few dusk shots of the cablights, mirror lights, and rear clearance light.
P1110330.jpg

P1110333.jpg

P1110323.jpg

P1110326.jpg

P1110327.jpg

P1110332.jpg

@88gmctruck

I was going over your thread here and would appreciate some input from someone that knows quite a bit about cross platform compatability. (burb to truck, etc) such as yourself.

What vehicle would be the easiest to rig up power and heat with factory components out of other GM rigs?

I was kinda thinking starting with my PWDL equipped 95 K2500HD with a power mirror harness and small removeable switch panel out of a suburban, and a HVAC panel for rear window defog and instead wire it for the mirrors (truck does not have rear window heater) unless there was a mirror heat option that would clip into the dash surround slots.

Am I correct in thinking any base package, especially one with hand cranks in 95+ would be difficult to make it hook up and not look cobbled, and anything 94 and older would require a door panel swap?

If so, that pretty well eliminates those trucks and I would put the all manual mirrors in those.

Finally, did GM ever offer the 06+ GMT800 style mirrors with any factory blinkers or marker lights other than the in glass arrow?

Any info would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

@88gmctruck

I was going over your thread here and would appreciate some input from someone that knows quite a bit about cross platform compatability. (burb to truck, etc) such as yourself.

What vehicle would be the easiest to rig up power and heat with factory components out of other GM rigs? I'm not sure on a 95, but I know 96+ truck have the wiring between the HVAC controls and the convenience center under the dash. There should be a 4 wire connector on the left side behind the HVAC, usually it's plugged in to the body even though there are no contacts/button for it.

I was kinda thinking starting with my PWDL equipped 95 K2500HD with a power mirror harness and small removeable switch panel out of a suburban, and a HVAC panel for rear window defog and instead wire it for the mirrors (truck does not have rear window heater) unless there was a mirror heat option that would clip into the dash surround slots.
GMT400 trucks (pretty much escalades and denalis) with factory heated mirrors used the rear defrost button on the HVAC, it has a built in timer.

Am I correct in thinking any base package, especially one with hand cranks in 95+ would be difficult to make it hook up and not look cobbled, and anything 94 and older would require a door panel swap? Mirrors on the other hand, i've heard conflicting things about them. Some trucks i've heard had the wiring in place even if they didn't have mirrors, others (such as devin's 96) had nothing and we built an entire harness for it. For anything 94 and earlier you'll have to build something. I used a switch from an old 1st gen S-10 truck in my 88, worked well.

If so, that pretty well eliminates those trucks and I would put the all manual mirrors in those.

Finally, did GM ever offer the 06+ GMT800 style mirrors with any factory blinkers or marker lights other than the in glass arrow?
Just in glass, although the aftermarket ones don't look too bad IMO.

Any info would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

My responses are in red.

Dragging this thread up again, buying my first power set of GMT800 style mirrors, 4th set of GMT800 mirrors total. (love the manual ones! :) ) Rigging up my new to me 95 K3500 with GMT800 style power mirrors, as the factory power left side is missing glass, right wont adjust, and of course being tiny and nothing but towing in this pcikup's future sealed their fate. :)

It appears that the GMT800 style power mirrors offered on eBay and Amazon have the harness exit the base really close to the front mounting stud. Looking at the door holes, it doesn't look like it will come anywhere close to lining up with the harness hole, and will just end up pinched. Are all the pics on the listings wrong and it will line up fine?

Is there any preferred sources, or are they all the same?
Thanks!

Back