• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fass ,airdog air fuel separator for a 6.5

Well I think you'd be hard pressed to knock a hole on one...they are pretty thick aluminum...put a hole in it and you have much bigger problems else where on the truck too...knock it off the tank?... possible but highly doubtful...the only thing that is vulnerable is the hose and maybe the barb...keep in mind you can clock the sump to where the barb and hose is behind the sump and also the thing only protrudes about 2-1/2 inches below the tank at most...on the duramax tank I have the sump placed about where the front spring perch is so where you can place it on a 6.5 may affect yours differently...

Well I think you'd be hard pressed to knock a hole on one...they are pretty thick aluminum...put a hole in it and you have much bigger problems else where on the truck too...knock it off the tank?... possible but highly doubtful...the only thing that is vulnerable is the hose and maybe the barb...keep in mind you can clock the sump to where the barb and hose is behind the sump and also the thing only protrudes about 2-1/2 inches below the tank at most...on the duramax tank I have the sump placed about where the front spring perch is so where you can place it on a 6.5 may affect yours differently...

I'm most worried about the line getting snagged on something like a stalk. I'd like to do this on my Dmax and possibly a 6.5 or 2

How about a skid plate under the tank to protect it. Doesnt really even have to be very thick, just a smooth surface so that foreign objects have nothing to catch on. they just slide on by.

Cali6.5, I have a 94 ext cab just like yours. If you go back to post 34 I mentioned the possibility of a skid plate.

I just went out to my pickup to look at that possibility. Towards the front of the tank the frame does hang down below the tank. This would make it easy to put some kind of skid plate diagonally from the frame to the cross member just in front of the tank. I didn't take the time to measure just how far down the frame hangs below the tank, but at a glance it looked like at least two inches.

Take a look at yours and see what you think.

Don

Handcannon, i did look at mine today. I see what you see and measured it, about 2.5". I think of you put the sump up front then you could do a skid plate from the drivers side that just hands pat the tank and goes up front to the tabby cross member.

Back