• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Farming Thread:

Eh I like the duals the way they are, they fit 30 inch rows nice and makes it really stable on hills and pivot wheeltracks. I would rather run a bigger head, I've just run out of time this year to do something. It would be pretty easy to build a bigger head from a couple, cheaper than trading since they won't give you shit for a older 6 row head anymore even if it's nice like ours. The guy from texas that used to do our stuff left his heads here, I thought about calling him and buying them and combining them into either an 8 or a 12. He has no use for them anywhere but here and he isn't dragging a combine back up here since I bought one. They are older than mine but are still half decent.

Really shitty is that I will likely help the one neighbor that runs an 8 row head on his 7720. My 9600 next to it with a 6 row will look dumb as hell.

swap heads with him. he'll proly be happier with a 6 row on the 7720 than an 8 anyway.

I wish, he loves the 8 row head. Anyway I just found out he bought a 9650 to put that head on. Maybe he won't even need help then. Man this sucks, I bought this combine expecting 300 acres of corn besides ours, and everyone keeps buying combines. I had the biggest combine around when I bought it, but the one rich guy across town saw it and went out and bought a 9660. He's selling his 9500 to the guy that had 200 acres I planned to do... Arg.

I wish, he loves the 8 row head. Anyway I just found out he bought a 9650 to put that head on. Maybe he won't even need help then. Man this sucks, I bought this combine expecting 300 acres of corn besides ours, and everyone keeps buying combines. I had the biggest combine around when I bought it, but the one rich guy across town saw it and went out and bought a 9660. He's selling his 9500 to the guy that had 200 acres I planned to do... Arg.

Be careful and save you're money.. they'll all be broke in 5 years. then you can farm all their ground haha

I had a big whoops on the farm today. Some dumba$$ left a stack of empty pallets on the pivot track and tipped the end tower over. I will try to post pictures tomorrow. :cuss:

I had a big whoops on the farm today. Some dumba$$ left a stack of empty pallets on the pivot track and tipped the end tower over. I will try to post pictures tomorrow. :cuss:

That is the shits. I've seen one climb a powerline pole (tried to at least) that sucked. It was brand new, hadn't even had water in it. Also seen a wiper that didn't turn off when it came up against it's stop, ended up on SR-17, yes a highway.

That is the shits. I've seen one climb a powerline pole (tried to at least) that sucked. It was brand new, hadn't even had water in it. Also seen a wiper that didn't turn off when it came up against it's stop, ended up on SR-17, yes a highway.

Yeah it's amazing what the will climb when they want to. We had a truck driver parked on the track loading sod. They knew the pivot was walking towards them, but they were too busy doing forearm exercises and the pivot climbed the trucks hood. Luckily it safteyed out, but I was still pissed.

I've seen them climb a lot of things too. Even seen 2 cross overhangs. It pulled the last 3 towers down on one and the other was fine.

Any luck with the pictures??

Damn, a V3 drive too. That is bad news right there. How do you like that setup? Have you seen the tracked drive they have as well?

At first I was wondering how a stack of pallets would've done that, now that I see it had a V3 package I can visualize it.

Almost looks if it hadn't had the V3 it might have just climbed on and over without getting that tipped.

Almost looks if it hadn't had the V3 it might have just climbed on and over without getting that tipped.

I know for sure it wouldn't have tipped if it was a 2 wheel tower. When my guy got to the field the center wheel was on the pallets and one wheel was slightly on the ground and the pivot had safetyed out. As soon as he pushed the start button it fell. If he had waited we would have just used forklift to lift it up removed the pallets and set it back down.

Damn, a V3 drive too. That is bad news right there. How do you like that setup? Have you seen the tracked drive they have as well?

At first I was wondering how a stack of pallets would've done that, now that I see it had a V3 package I can visualize it.

The V3 is great. It works especially well with the long overhang to help keep the tower on top of the ground. It also minimizes rolly wheel tracks.

On my sod ground I would put the v3 drives on every tower if I could afford it. I do not rework my ground on my sod fields. Just aerate and overseed after harvest.

On my conventional crop fields the 2 wheel towers never get stuck and when the tracks are starting to get bad it is time to harvest.

Wow! Forgot about this thread..we finished our second cutting today (finally), the weather was a little cool in the mornings which made the hay dry out slower..most fields were pretty meager, but when grass hay with color goes for $200 a ton even the small stuff is worth baling. I hope prices were good for you boys in the MidWest

Man I wish the corn would dry down. The stuff that was planted normal is around 32-38 depending on field. The stuff that we planted when that spring storm killed all our beets is over 40. That later planted stuff is all going to a feedlot that wants high moisture corn. Needs to be between 27-35 for them to take it. That later planted stuff was short day, 86-90, but still taking a while to get dry. Sounds like we may get cold and snow next week too.

Man I wish the corn would dry down. The stuff that was planted normal is around 32-38 depending on field. The stuff that we planted when that spring storm killed all our beets is over 40. That later planted stuff is all going to a feedlot that wants high moisture corn. Needs to be between 27-35 for them to take it. That later planted stuff was short day, 86-90, but still taking a while to get dry. Sounds like we may get cold and snow next week too.

Did your corn finish wierd this year too? We planted the same variety in 2 different field that are 100 yards apart. We also planted the 2 fields about 3 weeks apart. The early field was fairly poor not too high and small ears of corn. The late field polinated and filled later than it should have, but the ears are larger and the corn is taller.

Same thing with my neighbor that I helped chop for. The stuff that was in right on time was quite poor and the late stuff was great.

:eek:ut:

Back