• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Farming Thread:

Looks like I'm all set then! I opened one up after reading this, looked pretty good. Not symmetrically perfect, but good.....

You get your bean problem taken care of?

Yea it's taken care of, ripped them up and drilled soybeans. I am letting the chemical company simmer on this for awhile. The manager did call and want to meet sometime next week. He says, "I've got an idea what I want to do about your beans, but I need to know what you want to do". I don't want to do anything, I just want to see the money!!

My father said all along that they would want to trade it out, and that is fine as long as I get full value out of the loss(wholesale is $50 a bushel currently) I would assume that they are just wanting to keep it unofficial so no heads roll over the whole thing.

I did however start replanting in some recently dried out bottom ground. Typically it doesn't have water in it after June, but with my current luck it will be a pond soon!!:banghead:

we finished replanting today (soybeans). hopefully we can get to cutting wheat this weekend, but after tonights rain we might be delayed awhile. proly next week. should i plant some double-crop soybeans again this year?

I wish we had the season to double crop here. Course if we had that long a season we could plant the longer day corn and get over 200 bu corn too. I'd take that.

Yeah put out some short season beans. At $15 I would even if it only made 20 bpa.

i always use late season beans when i double crop. i like to give them as much time as possible to set as many pods as they can.

I have some chemical clean bottom ground that I am going to put green beans in, last 4 acres of sweet corn to go in when it dries off, and last 1200 cantaloupe in plug trays. I will be picking cantaloupe in the snow!!!

any corn ready yet??? We've got some tasseled out and silked but that just started a couple days ago.

Crap you guys are just too far ahead back east. Our corn is knee high, most a little more, some a little less. It is a little behind because of the cold spring and that early storm, but looking better every day with the heat.

Crap you guys are just too far ahead back east. Our corn is knee high, most a little more, some a little less. It is a little behind because of the cold spring and that early storm, but looking better every day with the heat.

Wow that is crazy.

I am behind, I shoot to be picking on the 4th. It has been in the ground long enough, but the early cold slowed it way down.

On the plus side, the first 15 acres have the nicest plants I have had in a long time, just hope the ears turn out that good.

do you pick by hand? or with a corn picker?

All with mexican diesel's.

We hand pull and put in on a conveyor that stretches out 13 rows, then it dumps onto another conveyor that heads to the wagon. We have a byron 103 in the barn for insurance if we need it. I would like to have a pixall puller, but they just won't get enough work done for what I need. I am not big enough to need a big jack!! I can dream though!!

I have looked at using the conveyor setup and adapting it to a rolling packing/sorting area. Where I could have the corn come in and get sorted and bagged or boxed and stacked on a trailing wagon.

As of now, I can fit 1500 dozen easily on a wagon before switching it out, we have 2. Then take them both and sort and pack it all. Normally 3000 will fill orders daily so it works fine, but if I expand that is when I would want to sort in the field.

holy shit! how many acres of sweet corn do you have?

eventually i'd like to open a stand at my parents house. they have 13 acres there in prime location to catch all the townies. that's some serious man labor tho.

I am with you Nar. My early field is knee high and my late field is calf high but should jump with fert. and cultivating tomorrow.

I was talking to my relative from Wheatland and he was wondering what your name is. Pm if you want.

You guys, Stove and I were talking about Sweetcorn. My fieldcorn is head high and about 8-10 days from starting tasseling.

I know. Our sweetcorn is almost as tall as the field corn, so it's around knee high now and the field corn is a bit taller. You are still way far ahead.

holy shit! how many acres of sweet corn do you have?

eventually i'd like to open a stand at my parents house. they have 13 acres there in prime location to catch all the townies. that's some serious man labor tho.

I have about 65 in bi-color and another 5 or so in white. Had 8 in green beans. About 4 of cantaloupe. It is more than enough to keep me busy!!:sick:

that's a lot of corn stove!

who all is baling straw?? i'm getting ready to bale up about 90 acres of small squares hopefully starting saturday if we can finally start cutting some wheat tomorrow.

that's a lot of corn stove!

who all is baling straw?? i'm getting ready to bale up about 90 acres of small squares hopefully starting saturday if we can finally start cutting some wheat tomorrow.

At times it is way to much corn.

I have 15 acres fully tassled, with another 5 real close.

We're done with first cutting!! :willynilly::D
well..except our oat hay and sudan, but we don't have very much oat hay and sudan won't be ready until early august.

We baled up our last field yesterday; it got so windy that two rows literally blew away, what a mess. This morning we went back to the field and cleaned it up a little bit and baled a tiny bit of alfalfa, but as far as I'm concerned we're done! time to go party :cheers2:

Back