• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Farming Thread:

corn test plot or beans??

Corn, I haven't even had the thrill of pulling the drill out yet to look and see what has to be fixed on that before we start drilling beans

not sure where you are, but you're nor alone

I made a phone call today to be a funny guy and asked they guy I was talking to if he thought that the 200 acres we have left to finish up our corn was a go for Monday morning... he responded:" If you can hook your planter to your bass boat!" :eek:ut:

We just took on 2 and 4/10ths inches between 11:15pm Saturday night and about 3:00pm Sunday afternoon. Not good

we've gotten around an inch today so far. if we don't get any more rain we might be able to get into the field by the end of the week, but it looks like more rain between now and then.

You only run 5 gallons per acre? Our sprayers are set up for 10 gpa. Everyone around here runs that. I've often thought about going to less so I could get more acres done.

kessler farms i am going to plant some teff seed next week . have you grown it before. most folks in this corner of oregon have never heard of it. my orchard grass is up close to 3ft and starting to fall down. wish i had some good hay weather i would cut.

When I worked for a local Co-op, I ran a tender truck for a season and actually enjoyed it. I also miss talking to all of the guys (and gals) when they brought there grain in at the elevator. I kinda got spoiled working at a newer elevator, but realized you can screw up quick when you accidentally run about 600 bushel of milo in a soybean bin. I didn't get yelled at too bad as I copped to it right away and they were able to load it out to another branch to be screened.

we run 10 GPA with our rogator for most applications. fungicide applications get 15 gpa minimum, and our pre emerge corn herbicide gets 20 gpa, but that's usually with 28%.

Finished our corn tonight, now time for the beans. Hay looks ok, but man winter was hard on the lower hay ground, a lot of winter kill.

Where at in Washington are you Will? My Bro's inlaws are from Royal City. He's been watering his hay as well. I was out there in Dec 06 for new years. I thought it was interesting the way the irrigation ditches were set up.

You only run 5 gallons per acre? Our sprayers are set up for 10 gpa. Everyone around here runs that. I've often thought about going to less so I could get more acres done.
Yep. Been doing it for a few years now. Though I have to say that is usually when we are only spraying roundup. Everything else we go close to the maximum on the label.

Corn is finally in the ground, I had to go around a few mud holes but it wasn't worth waiting for them to dry up. I'll start the soybeans tomorrow and have someone to till in front of me. I hope this goes much quicker than the corn.

Where at in Washington are you Will? My Bro's inlaws are from Royal City. He's been watering his hay as well. I was out there in Dec 06 for new years. I thought it was interesting the way the irrigation ditches were set up.

Ellensburg, smack dab in the center..about an hour or so away from Royal. What does your brother in law grow? We grow timothy hay with oats as a rotational crop, trying out sudan grass this year. Also, how were his irrigation ditches set up?

I have 7 more acres of sod to plant and about 45 acres of corn ground to finish up. I wish I had a little of everyones rain. We have only had about 1" of rain since the snow left the ground and it has just been a cold windy spring.

We started it in farm thread on DP, but anyone get new equipment they are excited about? Me I got 2 new pivots and a Bale Bandit. I can't wait until hay season.

Back