• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Explain leaky water pump and head gasket replacement

When you look at one, you quickly realize GM made some SERIOUS design flaws with the way they get air trapped in them. Even the slightest of combustion leaks will render the heater useless as it will airlock it.

I saw a product yesterday on the shelf that was a "blown head gasket" repair liquid. I gave it 15 seconds of intrrest. The blurb said something about containing fibers that do nano magic etc etc. Im sure its snake oil mixed with pixie dust but I can get the name if you want. Its always worth 27 dollars before putting it down or spending 5k.
Sandy

Those miracle head gaskets on abotgle are famous for costing people more money in repairs for stuff it plugs up and destroys than the head gasket job would have cost. And for a mls gasket, it will never get into the blown part of the gasket anyways.

Update: Seeing it's almost 1 year since the water pump install....I'd like to let you all know everything is fine. NO headgasket issues like I thought there might be. Although my new pump has a leak every now and then, but not too serious.

Yeah Will, Not sure where it's coming from. At this point it's not a big deal. I just found it strange a new pump would leak as fast as it did. I'll keep on rolling until it becomes bad again.
It happens if you use the parts store pumps. It's not uncommon for them to fail, or spin the impeller off in under 3 months.

Back