• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Edge Evo Race w/CTS

Got the EGT probe installed yesterday and just need to get the wiring faired in a little better over by the fuse panel at the drivers door. Climbed on the motor hard while out running some errands. Even on Level 3 is was impressive. I will wait until I have installed the Transgo Jr before getting on it hard again. I can see why so many of you have built trannys.

you can romp on her a little just be cautious in the 5-6 gear zone. Its amazing what a little more fuel and timing does to wake these things up right?

Go to page 9 on this pdf file and it gives the power gains per level.

Attachments

• product_variation-installation.pdf
    291.2 KB · Views: 8
I thought that would get a smile out of you Stacks. I will ave to wait and see. Next is getting the Tranny built and that is a bunch.

OK, tranny is built, Alligator Stg V with SunCoast 1056 TC. Now to move on to EFI Live. If i had it to do over with what I have learned to date I would have taken Stacks's recommendation and started wth EFI and not have gotten the Edge.

Edge released a feature that was compatible with EFILive to use the CTS Monitor to switch between tunes (Like you would on a DSP 5 switch) but it only works on the 05 and later Duramaxs.
It works fine on my LB7, Ferm built the tune for me for EFI and I loaded it up. BTW, Mine is a 04 LB7

It works fine on my LB7, Ferm built the tune for me for EFI and I loaded it up. BTW, Mine is a 04 LB7

I should correct my post.. only works on LB7's and (04.5 - 05) LLY's.. last I checked.

I should correct my post.. only works on LB7's and (04.5 - 05) LLY's.. last I checked.

Yep, still like that. I had a kid try telling me he had EFI Switchable Tunes on his CTS (meanwhile, it was just a Juice WA) and he just didn't wanna hear it when I tried telling him it isn't possible. I guess he never talked to someone that knew more about these Trucks than him, because I heard from other people he had EFI on the CTS.

It's something with the Code & Algorithm in the LBZ and later Computers that doesn't allow the tunes to be DIGITALLY switched on the Fly, so we're stuck with the Analog DSP Switch.

Yep, still like that. I had a kid try telling me he had EFI Switchable Tunes on his CTS (meanwhile, it was just a Juice WA) and he just didn't wanna hear it when I tried telling him it isn't possible. I guess he never talked to someone that knew more about these Trucks than him, because I heard from other people he had EFI on the CTS.

It's something with the Code & Algorithm in the LBZ and later Computers that doesn't allow the tunes to be DIGITALLY switched on the Fly, so we're stuck with the Analog DSP Switch.
I think it had something to do with the keep alive memory. If they implemented it, it would go back to a default on each restart.

I think it had something to do with the keep alive memory. If they implemented it, it would go back to a default on each restart.

That wouldn't be much of a big deal though. So what? It goes back to stock and you gotta pick your new Tune every time you start up. Still doesn't cancel out the ease of being able to switch the tunes on the CTS and still ALOT easier than running the Wires and Pinning Out the Harness to get them in.

Back