• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Drag Racing Setup and Truck

The questions i am asking like
did he port the heads
did he polish the runners
Did he finish the runners to a 300 grit instead of polish
Did he dimple the runners
Etc,etc,etc is all me trying to say before offering any specific help, we need to know EXACTLY what the build is and what theory they put it together under.

I don’t know the exact engine enough to say watch for “x”. But if he is running high volume low boost pressure and it is direct injection, then full polish with dimples would reach maximum air flow and be best.

If he is running really high boost pressure then the added speed of flow isn’t going to pay off and large reservoir intake manifold will help more.

If it was put together with a 300 grit finish, then that tells us it is someone used to building gas engines and to see what other errors besides that one was made.

@Yojih123 you specified hp and torque. Please post your dyno graphs to show climb and cross rates rpm becomes critical if after increase in both torque and hp. Also if a standing dyno or truck roller dyno.
What is redline rpm for your engine determined at?
Please don’t misunderstand, not challenging numbers, I believe your numbers are quite possible, just need to see the sheets to analyze. Listing multiples along with the changes made to show room for growth.
I need a 6.7 expert to make the 2003 ford f350 crewcab dually the quickest and fastest diesel in the world.

You are probably best off finding a couple of Ford truck specific forums. We are almost exclusively knowledgeable on GMs, especially where building horsepower is the topic.

Im not the guy for that engine, not sure who would be. Kinda doubt one person would be.

Start looking online for fiberglass body parts. Might be like I had to do and find a guy that knew how to do custom fiberglass for boats and pay his shop to do it. Maybe there is a company you can just pay the setup fees that will continue to sell fiberglass parts after they make it for you so they can lower your cost by getting more profit on future sells. US Body would be my guess.

Im not the guy for that engine, not sure who would be. Kinda doubt one person would be.

Start looking online for fiberglass body parts. Might be like I had to do and find a guy that knew how to do custom fiberglass for boats and pay his shop to do it. Maybe there is a company you can just pay the setup fees that will continue to sell fiberglass parts after they make it for you so they can lower your cost by getting more profit on future sells. US Body would be my guess.
ok

There was a guy on the hummer forum that had repo hummer doors made of fiberglass. Think he only paid about 2500 per door, but they are flat. Yours would probably be around $4k each would be my guess. I can try getting info where he did it if you’re serious

Hood normally 1,000- on sale now so grab it quick TF TH-97

Maybe ask them about cost of fenders, bed, cab etc.?

I did a bit of reading last night btw. Most of the upper end 6.7 have about $55,000-$65,000 into them.
Unless you already have some testing done that no one else has figured out or some magic combo- you’ll wuickly be into $80,000 on an engine that WILL NOT last more than one season.

How is your trans right now?
Just be sure this is what you want before starting. Some folks just don’t realize what it takes...

Remember Enzo Ferrari said he never wanted to sells cars. He only did it to pay for his habit.

A crew cab dually drag truck is kinda pointless if your trying to build that fastest truck in the world. I would look into the ODSS rules and regulations for what class you want to run. But your going to have a hard time competing against back halfed, standard cab short box trucks.

Also ditch the 6.7 Ford and get a 6.7 Cummins if you want to compete. The fastest trucks in the world... all Cummins powered.

A crew cab dually drag truck is kinda pointless if your trying to build that fastest truck in the world. I would look into the ODSS rules and regulations for what class you want to run. But your going to have a hard time competing against back halfed, standard cab short box trucks.

Also ditch the 6.7 Ford and get a 6.7 Cummins if you want to compete. The fastest trucks in the world... all Cummins powered.
I was envisioning using the length to his advantage like a funny car. With his seat closer to the back door and engine/trans coming back towards the normal front seat area.

As for going cummins- I was under the impression he wants the fasted in 6.7 truck in the world. If he wants fastest over all he is spending closer to a million. How many companies spend a million happily trying to get advertising of the winner.

Definitely checking current rules. They probably don’t allow half of what we used to do back in covered wagon days when I played- haha. We called it the 1/4 mile because get this- you actually raced one quarter or a mile!! Haha

I need a 6.7 expert to make the 2003 ford f350 crewcab dually the quickest and fastest diesel in the world.

When I read this comment I was assuming he was going for the fastest diesel truck in the world. But even the fastest 6.7 ford is going to take alot of cash.

Setting up a dually to be like a funny car would be a cool idea. But that would put him in the promod class. Firepunks Cummins power s10 holds the world record in that class. I believe a 4.13 1/8 mile pass. Not going to even come close with a 6.7 powered dually ford.

Back