• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY rear bucket.

denata

Reaction score
I started making a bucket for the rear linkage for my Iseki 177. I bought iron doors on Craigslist with a thickness of 3mm (1/8") and 4mm (5/32"). the lower part is made of 4mm metal. Due to the faceted shape, a rigid structure was obtained.

(Size in centimeters)
IMG_20240408_104520.jpgIMG_20240401_192038.jpgIMG_20240405_182509.jpgIMG_20240405_182545.jpgIMG_20240405_192523.jpgIMG_20240405_201815.jpgIMG_20240405_214725.jpg

Some hard surface rod does wonders in longevity.
One of my jobs was to replace the cutting edges on loader buckets. Those edges was, IIRC, one inch thick and a hardened steel. After installing the new edge then the under side got an application of several rows of hard surface wire, full length. Along with the edges of the bucket from the top of the sloped side down to the cutting edge.
The bucket sides would show signs of wear between the beads of hard surface but that just showed us where to add more beads.
In my garage I do not have the capabilities of doing hard surface wire weld. I do have an ancient Smiths AC welder and a handful of hard surface rod that requires an AC welder and that stuff lays on quite nicely. I’ve done some HS beads on some of my sons implements with that rod and them implements is holding up very nicely.

Some hard surface rod does wonders in longevity.
One of my jobs was to replace the cutting edges on loader buckets. Those edges was, IIRC, one inch thick and a hardened steel. After installing the new edge then the under side got an application of several rows of hard surface wire, full length. Along with the edges of the bucket from the top of the sloped side down to the cutting edge.
The bucket sides would show signs of wear between the beads of hard surface but that just showed us where to add more beads.
In my garage I do not have the capabilities of doing hard surface wire weld. I do have an ancient Smiths AC welder and a handful of hard surface rod that requires an AC welder and that stuff lays on quite nicely. I’ve done some HS beads on some of my sons implements with that rod and them implements is holding up very nicely.
For build up, I run a variety of rod anything from 7018 to 11018, and hard surface rod. Layered in stainless steel
. It was how we were taught 40 some years ago

Back