• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY BD1 Programming - Burn your own chips!

First and foremost to the drip THANKS for the thread, now to Rainstate and The Fermanator (YOU GUYS ARE FRICKING AWESOME ). Yep up and running real time emulation and the truck has never ever ran this good. The large pre cups are fantastic with this set up.

I have some more playing to do but this is getting to be one heck of a truck. (long as I don't blow it up), Thefermanator was right, there is much much more to be had from the turbo than I could have guessed. Thanks for Rainstate and TheFermanator for being patient with me. I am now officially dangerous

First and foremost to the drip THANKS for the thread, now to Rainstate and The Fermanator (YOU GUYS ARE FRICKING AWESOME ). Yep up and running real time emulation and the truck has never ever ran this good. The large pre cups are fantastic with this set up.

I have some more playing to do but this is getting to be one heck of a truck. (long as I don't blow it up), Thefermanator was right, there is much much more to be had from the turbo than I could have guessed. Thanks for Rainstate and TheFermanator for being patient with me. I am now officially dangerous

I can't take nay credit really, have to give it all to rainstate on this one. Hopefully we can get it all ironed out here soon and some tune files out there.

Awesome! Share the wealth guys. How did you get the emulator running.

Rainstate made a .xdf file that ignores the checksum, and this allowed slim to use the moates emulator he got. For some reason it works for him while emulating, but hasn't worked for tunes I've modified and sent to him though. His truck has been challenging to say the least.

It definitely wouldn't be possible without you guys. I guess I need to look at getting an emulator for my truck as well. Can you post the files that are working well with the shifting added? I'm curious how the holsett and gm8 would respond to the att tuning.

It definitely wouldn't be possible without you guys. I guess I need to look at getting an emulator for my truck as well. Can you post the files that are working well with the shifting added? I'm curious how the holsett and gm8 would respond to the att tuning.

His file is for a manual trans, so it's a bit different from yours. The BNTK manual trans file has been a real pain to say the least to get to work. PM me your email and I will send you some tune files to try out though.

Good work guys. I know most people are interested in tuning engine parameters, but is anyone looking at the transmission side? It would be nice, for instance, to keep the PCM out of "limp home" mode when it detects an intermittent problem.

Thanks

Good work guys. I know most people are interested in tuning engine parameters, but is anyone looking at the transmission side? It would be nice, for instance, to keep the PCM out of "limp home" mode when it detects an intermittent problem.

Thanks

The trans can be tuned to up line pressure to prevent slippage, but once one is slipped it takes less and less each time to slip it again. The only fix for a hurt trans is to build it.

I have had brake switch issues with mine that affected it in the past, but never slippage. But that's a hardware issue, not really the transmission. I think I am more interested in the torque converter behaviour than anything else. I actually like the way mine shifts right now. I assume it's been rebuilt in the past as it has nearly 420,000 miles. I got it at 380,000 and had to troubleshoot the brake switch.

You can change the torque converter lock/unlock points. I've got mine bumped down a couple miles an hour. any further than that, and the engine lugs hard when you get on the throttle just a bit. I was fooling around with the 2nd gear lock/unlock as well, but it just wasn't working out nicely for me, so I left it on for 3/4 only like stock.

OK, so just a quick question:

My rig has a 5068 pump with unknown total miles. I've got a new 5521 pump that I've had tested and it hasthat I want to install. I should be able to take a bin from a 95 rig and burn it to a chip and install it, right?

I got an email today. I'm working with rainstate to try and develop an XDF from scratch. In the meantime, all XDF's that may be based off Wester's work are removed from my website. Google $EC.XDF, and you will probably find them hosted elsewhere.

This makes the 2nd major vendor that has taken notice of my posts.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: From Dripspeed Diesel Website
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 07:50:28 -0600
To: <[email protected]>

Your $EC definition files are illegally obtained direct copies of our development work. I'd suggest removing them from your website, or
we'll be dealing with you further.

Lyndon
westersgarage.com
westersgarageforum.com
WESTERS GARAGE
218 Centre Street
Box 159
Tilley, Alberta T0J3K0

Please use the 'Reply' function in your email program to keep previous emails attached, so I can
remember the conversation. Thanks and have a great day !

I can burn you the chip fermanator developed. you need a carrier adapter to make it work. Short answer, yes you just need to change the chip. I've done the same with my '94. Why are you changing the 5068 out? Is it bad?

I think it would be safe to say that some folks are mad at you and trying to make trouble. Keep on trucking. Rainstate and Fermanator are an unstoppable force to free the poor man!

I got an email today. I'm working with rainstate to try and develop an XDF from scratch. In the meantime, all XDF's that may be based off Wester's work are removed from my website. Google $EC.XDF, and you will probably find them hosted elsewhere.

I can burn you the chip fermanator developed. you need a carrier adapter to make it work. Short answer, yes you just need to change the chip. I've done the same with my '94. Why are you changing the 5068 out? Is it bad?

Because I don't know many miles are on the 5068 pump and I wonder if it might not be on its way out. I received the new 5521 pump for free and had it tested to make sure that is solid working order.

Wow...I knew lyndon was one of the first, but I didn't think he was the only one.....

I've think I've still got some links to disasemblers around somewhere if you want them.

Mostly Whisnant's stuff for disasembly and as a result, Baldwin's assembler....

Wow...I knew lyndon was one of the first, but I didn't think he was the only one.....

I've think I've still got some links to disasemblers around somewhere if you want them.

Mostly Whisnant's stuff for disasembly and as a result, Baldwin's assembler....

If it would help me to understand what is what, I would like to take a look at em. Building the .xdf definition files is greek to me as one would say. Tuning comes natural, but the actual programming and such is a different language.

I've managed to learn greek, but the tables look like a foreign language to me. I'm scared to just change parameters and find out what happens.
If it would help me to understand what is what, I would like to take a look at em. Building the .xdf definition files is greek to me as one would say. Tuning comes natural, but the actual programming and such is a different language.

Back