• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CV Axle Seperation

Fingers uncrossed. Differential failed...axle was pulled out of the passenger side like what initially started the differential dance last October.
Replaced it with a strip yard unit.
Then there was a funny noise like the actuator had fired but the transfer case was still in 2 High. I had run through a big puddle, up to the doors and since it was on the salt flats.... it stopped as quickly as it started, the ratcheting noise, but a vibration was present at 65.
I worked over the electrical and it stopped *actuator circuit).
I decided to take it for a test run in 4x4 to see about the new diff and while coming out of an 8" deep dip and over a 6" rock on the other side of it...BUSTED another differential in the same place as the last one.

Figure it has more to do with turning down the 3" torsion bar key lift kit to save tie rods and idler arm etc. The extended upper control arms are still in place as are the longer shocks but the front is turned all the way down and the cv's are level. Even a stock height K1500 has 30 degrees of angle on the half shafts... guess I screwed myself...what else is new.

Considering an SAS but that's proving to be a larger project than I care to $ource out cause I ain't doing it by me onesies.

Dang! When I was reading the other post with the broken shackle pic, I was hoping things were going to start on the upswing for you now.
I wish I knew someone that REALLY knew these trucks for off-roading to help you with this. You could always move your set up into a hmmwv and go for worlds fastest in that class...0-60 in a minute instead of an hour like mine.:hihi:

Back