• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Current Mods, Plans and Reasons Why

BTW, Southbend 04-163TZK Kevlar showed up today... Puurrrrdy
Southbend%2004-163TZK.jpg

got any better pics of the disc? It looks like you'd be metal to metal unless those chunks of metal are recessed

awesome looking engine, and the spec sheet is drool inducing.

Now, I dont care if the white paint is peeling, we gotta see the rest of the truck! :) Also, the other truck in your sig, its identical down to the 5 speed? If so, pics of it too please. :) gotta love a 5 speed! :)

Thanks!
Oh, she's sure purdy when I give her a bath. She sat for four months while I was in N.D. on a job though and got pretty crudded up. I'll post pics when I get her out of the shop (tranny) and get her cleaned up.

On the other rig... other than the differences from being a '99, it does have an automatic rather than the manual.
I don't drive it much at all since it's in Alaska with my parents so it'll be interesting when I get up there and have to do any work on it. The auto is nice though and works fine since it's pretty much bone stock and doesn't do any hauling... Ass OR load.

Hey Hink, do you have any information on your tach pick up? I have always wanted to use a different tach but didn't want to configure a crank trigger set up.

It came with the Autometer 2888 tach that I installed. I imagine that if you contacted Autometer you could get the pickup, but there's no telling if it would function with your current tach.

Good looking truck. I've owned more than one srw 4door 1 ton. Almost all of them white.

I always like the look of fog lights in the bumper holes but usually rectangle. Can't do it here though, Had to fight the heat, and that's why they are there. I guess where your at nice and cool so no worries.

I did get a diesel bumper and mount lights there on a 454 gasser I had.

Thanks.
I plan on making a road armor style bumper for it and have lights there.
I never see the single square headlights, only the dual rectangular and thought it was odd. Several odd things on this truck. You have any info on that?

the lights are standard for WT trucks (work trucks). Almost always have crank windows etc

That's what I suspected. Kind of strange, really that they would have whole different styling. Seems like it would be more cost effective to make them all the same. You see them a bunch up there, don't you? Not so much down here, my rig is pretty unique.

Yup, that's where she came from. My brother bought her off of VECO and drove the living piss out of her for a few years then he decided to let me freshen her up and treat her right.

Back