• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crankshaft pulleys

not that this has any relevance, but I saw this place online but don't know anything about them or how good or bad they are. they claim to rebuild balancers. I'm sure they could do the pulleys too. anyone heard of them before?

not that this has any relevance, but I saw this place online but don't know anything about them or how good or bad they are. they claim to rebuild balancers. I'm sure they could do the pulleys too. anyone heard of them before?

The idea doesn’t sit well in the first place. Is rebuilt caliper as good as new?
Are rebuilt power steering bodes better than new? Very few things are improved by being rebuilt. An engine can be better because there are so many low caliber parts and poor fitment in mass production. But a one off, hand built unit using top quality parts and extensive attention to detail can improve it.

So lets see their ADVERTISED attention to detail, shall we?::

Did they replace some of the inferior parts with better engineered, more reliable or higher performing components? Not many parts to replace.
Did they show amazing attention to detail? You tell me:
E45953FC-EC07-46BC-AC62-6286A1912ABB.png9384B5EC-2A8F-4678-9AB5-1857EABB45A8.jpeg

The idea doesn’t sit well in the first place. Is rebuilt caliper as good as new?
Are rebuilt power steering bodes better than new? Very few things are improved by being rebuilt. An engine can be better because there are so many low caliber parts and poor fitment in mass production. But a one off, hand built unit using top quality parts and extensive attention to detail can improve it.

So lets see their ADVERTISED attention to detail, shall we?::

Did they replace some of the inferior parts with better engineered, more reliable or higher performing components? Not many parts to replace.
Did they show amazing attention to detail? You tell me:
View attachment 79352View attachment 79353
I’d guess Your pointing out the fact that they didnt clean off the goobers around that hole thats circled in yellow.
Also listed is dampeners for the 6.2 and 6.5

Yup. I see zero reason to take a risk on a rebuilt unit- and neither that company nor their workmanship would give me any impression of security of performance.

What it reminds me of- is rip off mechanic shops that used the phrase “paint it black and put it back”- where they literally removed an existing part- showed you how bad worn the part was while you are in the waiting room. Then painted it and put it back on.

General this followed an amazing low price oil change and a simple loosened wire on a starter to give you fits. Or doing the paper cup of coolant trick and a little in the vents so you would smell coolant the next day or two. While in the shop they point out your a little low of coolant but “just keep an eye on it, we topped it off for free” when they actually took some out. Slices in cv boots and belts to get the failure soon are often free however.

A little too skeptical? Maybe.

on the crankshaft pulley, there are only two things to take into consideration, which make the difference:

1) balancing (some products on the market are not balanced by the manufacturer)

2) the quality of the rubber insert. this is the biggest problem that affects the life of this spare part. this pulley is replaced when the rubber cracks or detaches from its seat. for duration in addition to the quality of the rubber, there are also other variables that are more subjective than empirical, such as temperature excursions, exposure to chemical products, prolonged exposure to heat, or too cold, and here unfortunately it depends on the climatic region, and on the type of road on which the vehicle travels most of the time. then we would also have to add the time and type of storage of the spare part.
one would say that it will last longer in temperate climatic regions, rather than in others....

it's a bit like when choosing the type of tire .... a good tire will go further than another with a poor compound
therefore the quality in some cases can make the difference

Last edited:
Never heard dayco and power bond were the same.
https://www.daycoaftermarket.com/en/product/powerbond-street-performance-harmonic-balancer/.

Here is a screenshot for ya if you don’t want to go to the link.
Now, it is possible that Dayco has a cheap (total junk) version and a more expensive (really awesome) version. Idk. What I do know is AC Delco makes a good one at an affordable price and then there is a more expensive and far better one that I bought from Leroy.
7518DB4D-0B2D-4902-8F75-C286EB76F648.png

@alex1234
Those of us that worked in GM dealerships might have a different opinion as to the manufacturer being briggs and stratton - I remember specifically talking to the AC Delco rep when there was a training class about why GM did not mandate changing both rubber pulley and balancer at the same time. If B&S was making them- they were boxing them up and labeling them as AC Delco, or Delco contracted it out to B&S?

Please explain.

that it was only B&S the contractor for GM or AC Delco, it is not known...
but part was marked B&S, yes
a very small symbol, but it is present both on Harmonic Balance and on Crankshaft pulley in my case ... and both were there from the factory

Attachments

• 20230205_001735[1].jpg
    20230205_001735[1].jpg
    172 KB · Views: 7
I see the resemblance in the stamp- but never heard B&S manufacturing parts for AC Delco. So call your local lawn mower dealer and ask for price and availability of the 6.5 balancer…maybe give them the Delco part number stamped in it.

I see the resemblance in the stamp- but never heard B&S manufacturing parts for AC Delco. So call your local lawn mower dealer and ask for price and availability of the 6.5 balancer…maybe give them the Delco part number stamped in it.
😂🤣😂...try it yourself
that makes me laugh

I never thought I could use a Hummer as a lawn mower😂🤣😂🤣😂

Back