• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Colorado! Engine Tempertures

Maybe I'll try to wrap the cardboard around the trans cooler and put a piece in front of the raditor. But I 'm not going to look redneck by putting it on the front of my truck. :nono:):h No Sirree Bobby! I ain't no redneck.:smile5:

I live in Denver and you really dont need it. It was -3 tonight when i started my truck and it hadnt run for two days and it was a little rough but it heated up fine. If your coming for the week the furthest I would go out of your way is a piece of cardboard. Especially if you can plug it in, if thats the case i wouldnt bother with the bra. I came here from Michigan and i havent had the bra on it yet

BURR!!!

Thanks for the advice HoytBows. I'll play it by ear or by sight. -3 degrees OH No Mr. Bill help me. These old bones will be in for a shock.:eek:hmy1: I've been watching the temps up there in Fort Carson and its been in the single digits for a couple of days with snow. Going by the temps of my engine down here, I'm going to need the cardboard.

What is the temps of your engine and trans. ?

Thank you

Charlie that'll be a real help to me and everyone else here, too see if a '03 cover will fit the unique '02, as Paul put it, front end. If a six pack of beer is enough to pay for shipping, what will a case buy me ? ):h

The bumper cover and grill cover were put in the mail today....along with the instructions.. USPS

Charlie that'll be a real help to me and everyone else here, too see if a '03 cover will fit the unique '02, as Paul put it, front end. If a six pack of beer is enough to pay for shipping, what will a case buy me ? ):h

For a case, I would have delivered it...:D

You know how I am.......):h

Oh I got the Winter cover today. And It Fits Like A Glove! Imagin' That. Its just Pure F---ing Magic. thats frag, not the other):h
Charlie when and where did you get the '03 Chevrolet Winter cover?

I'm glad it fit.

The cover came with my truck when I bought it in Nov. of '02. That's the first time I've had it out from under the back seat and unfolded.

We can do that.

I get plenty of fresh eggs, thanks anyway...... Send Paul one and let him try it. ):h):h

I have a few questions about the winter cover. I hate to sound stupid, but does the winter cover come standard with our trucks and if my 2006 truck had one where would it be, under the rear seat? To tell you the truth I have never dug around under the back seat looking for it. I couldn't tell you if its in there or not. Seems to good to be true that GM would just give them away free with the truck. That pretty well tells you that I have never run a winter cover on mine. I guess when the temps got into the teens or close to zero it would help. As far as I know the coldest temps. I have run it in was about 15 degrees F. Also what is the part number for a winter cover that would fit a 2006 Chevy? I have seen a few on Ebay that might work, but I didn't know if the 2004, 2005 and 2006 all fitted the same. Thanks

From I what I have found, the '01 to '02 front winter covers are unique. The '03 to '05 are unique. The '06 to '07 are unique. The new style '07.5 to '09 are unique. From there they become Government Motors and you have to ask Obuma about those.):h I haven't been able to find a correct part number for the GM front winter cover. The part number on Charlie's cover booklet is not a part number that a Gm parts place will recognize either. Though I have not been to a dealer to ask for a front cover, I have not found one on the internet.
Cabela's sells a winter cover for all the trucks for 54.17 with a few holes in it, with covers, to control the amount of air flow that you want. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

I have found a couple of part numbers (# 25791452 and 25791450) that pull up winter cover on GM Parts Direct. com but they don't tell you if its for a 2006 or a 1920 Jalopy. Thats what kind of pisses me off. If I spend money I want to make sure I get the right product for my truck.

I have seen the winter cover on Cabelas website and was wondering how it would work.

Thanks Dura-Ration

Just to clarify, GMC and Silverado covers are different. The grille's are different on the GMC's.

The 01-02 Silverado's and Sierras are unique to them. The 01-02 GMC covers should be unique to them too.

The 03-07 classic GMC covers should be the same since those body styles didnt change for 5 model years.

I'm wondering if an 03-04 Silverado cover would fit onto an 05-07.

Back