• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Colorado! Engine Tempertures

Nick is right. An '03 won't fit the '01-'02 and Chev/GMC don't interchange. You MIGHT, however, be able to make it fit because the Chev one has some elastic straps to hook on the hood bumpers and the bottom has some hooks that may catch some of the grille bottom. I'd give Charlie's a try before buying one you may never need again. What Nick said about the dramatic drop in eng and trans temp is all true. I NEVER see over 130* or so on the trans from Nov to April. Usually lower than that.
The Co Springs area is usually not real cold and when it does get down in the 0* range it's usually 50* by 10:00 the next AM. Weather there is pretty nice year around. That's why I couldn't convince either of my girls to leave there after their mom moved them. Great place to visit!:thumbsup:
Steve, I'll think up some stuff to tell you to look around for and send ya a PM in the next few days.:D

I can find out real easy. My youngest is an outdoors freak (both girls for that matter) so they'll know. Post up anthing else you're thinking of and I'll get you some good info.

Thanks Charlie your a real friend.

No problem. You've left enough beer in my ice chest to cover the shipping... ):h

I just went got it out of the truck (both parts). It still has the instructions stapled to it.

Lori has your address and she promised me she'd put it in a flat rate box tomorrow. If you don't get it early next week have Nonna get on her..:D

You're still awake at this hour?

Why yes I am. Says me. :thumbsup:
Oh I have not gaving up yet.:nono:
For I will succeed! ):h
How about all those smiley faces?:D
:mad2:

What ? You know its past my bed time. :rolleyes5:
I'm all growed up, now. I can stay up to 2100.):h
Go look that up to find what time that is . :D

Back