• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Colorado 4 cylinder diesel

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone buy one of these baby duramax diesels yet, or know anyone with one? I am more than curious as to how these truck are running.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind one. It would be tuned straight off the lot though.
In Stock form unloaded, I wasn't impressed with the power. I'm sure towing would maybe be able to feel the torque "better."
But I've always like the GM mini trucks anyways, so I'm kinda biased. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I am curious to know what type of actual fuel mileage they get, and any modifications that are being done. Just general usage information.
Looking for a new or used diesel fuel miser daily driver.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here you go . . .

220D.jpg

About as simple and reliable a diesel platform as they get :) And EPA compliant too :) :) :)

Just don't expect to outrun a cockroach :D

I've heard 30's being doable.
There's a shop down here already tuning them. At least the guy at the dealer claimed a buddy had his tuned there. Well a quick searched showed tuning being available from a few company's.

Ite good to see some descent numbers, but compared to 6.2 1/2 tons from the 80's- not impressive.

1/4 ton diesel should be in the 50-60 mpg by now. Or flying like the friggin Jetsons. Come on!

Has anybody run the 6.2/ 6.5 in a s10 and have mpg numbers?

Say it with me now, I love the EPA, they do so much good for us today. Also don't look at it as a 1/4 ton. The COLORADO by most all accounts is just about a full size truck now. The COLORADO was a step up in size from the S10, and the new COLORADO is a good bit bigger than the 1st one. The old LUV's with a little 4 cylinder diesel did what, low to mid 30's for milage, and that truck was at least a 1/3rd smaller. So I dont think 30 is that bad really all things considered.

Say it with me now, I love the EPA, they do so much good for us today. Also don't look at it as a 1/4 ton. The COLORADO by most all accounts is just about a full size truck now. The COLORADO was a step up in size from the S10, and the new COLORADO is a good bit bigger than the 1st one. The old LUV's with a little 4 cylinder diesel did what, low to mid 30's for milage, and that truck was at least a 1/3rd smaller. So I dont think 30 is that bad really all things considered.
Oh for sure.
Put next to a regular cab 1500 of the same year, they're pretty big.
While the size has changed, in my eyes it's still a "mini truck."

Ok, epa - i get it. Vegas is a bowl, and smog here in the 70's was a horrible joke. Way worse smog then with 400,000 residents plus tourists than with over 2 million residents and double the tourists.

However, if only half the fuel was burned to begin with...

Also, why the beefy colorado instead of a new chevy luv? Toyota sells a small and larger one...am i missing the boat on why a 1/3 ton(?) is needed.

Its what they feel the market wants. They havent done that well with sales of there small compact cars while sales of larger models is still strong. I think its ridiculous to have what should be your small truck be just as big and capable as a full size truck of just say 30 years ago. GM has really not judged the market very well in recent years imho, and has missed alot of boats recently like the 3.0l ecodiesel that they practically gave back to Fiat when they parted ways and look how well it has done for them. It would be nice to have had the engine from the Cruze dropped into a truck the size of the Toyota Tacoma, THAT would have gotten you your 35-40 mpg with all the emissions junk.

And I know at a time the EPA was a neccesary evil, but now they are like most government agencies creating crisus's to justify there bloated budgets and existence. I've said for awhile now, why do we need 400 hp diesel trucks, lets build a 250-300 hp one that doesn't need all this emissions crap, but if you did, the EPA would just strangle tighter.

Back