• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code

Does it come in an email?
Good question. I get their monthly email and go through it with a fine-toothed comb and never can find a discount code. Same when they send me emails for special sales/products. I order from them fairly frequently, their order system remembers me from previous purchases. I've never seen a new discount code in any of my purchase confimations of anything else, either. I think it was total bs when "sponsor" RA announced they were no longer posting a discount code here on the forum, find one on your own. Some "sponsorship".

Does it come in an email?

Good question. I get their monthly email and go through it with a fine-toothed comb and never can find a discount code. Same when they send me emails for special sales/products. I order from them fairly frequently, their order system remembers me from previous purchases. I've never seen a new discount code in any of my purchase confimations of anything else, either. I think it was total bs when "sponsor" RA announced they were no longer posting a discount code here on the forum, find one on your own. Some "sponsorship".

Yeah, it just showed up in my email today. It's a separate email specifically for giving me the code. I think it's based on how often you order from them. I've made a lot of orders through them over the last couple weeks - I had some GM parts I wanted to buy for the Escalade and with the UAW strike I wanted to get them while I could so I put the credit card to work. Seems backwards to me to send the code to people that are already ordering from you, but that does seem to be the way it's working.

To be fair- if they make payments that keep the site alive and profitable enough for someone to go through the hassle- fine. Nothing that says they need to offer everyone here 5% off. We don’t demand a better price from the other vendors here.

I get the same emails. Do the same thing reading through them but never find a code...
Thanks guys. I generally find one from either someone in here or from an interweb search.
These emails it's very easy to see if it has a code. It looks like this: 1696426016875.png

And the subject line for the email is "Discount on RockAuto Parts!".

I also get the montly newsletter emails, which I think is what you're referring to.

These emails it's very easy to see if it has a code. It looks like this: View attachment 83790

I also get the montly newsletter emails, which I think is what you're referring to.
So how does a person get the discount email ?
Do You have a link ?

These emails it's very easy to see if it has a code. It looks like this: View attachment 83790

Funny, my last order from them was end of August, got a pair of rear brake drums for my 05 Camry on clearance from them. That was my fifth order just this year from them. I can not ever remember getting an email like that from them ever this year following a purchase. Just their monthly email newsletter and the occasional new product line or clearance announcement email. Checked my spam and nothing there, either. What gives? Is it how many times you purchase from them or how much you spend with them that triggers getting a discount code, let alone a Thank You for ordering?

always remember to check your junk or spam folder in your email. my email always mistakes some and will randomly send emails from my bank account or other more important emails to that folder. sadly my provider will dump them every so many days so I have to go and look at them else there gone out to file 13.

always remember to check your junk or spam folder in your email. my email always mistakes some and will randomly send emails from my bank account or other more important emails to that folder. sadly my provider will dump them every so many days so I have to go and look at them else there gone out to file 13.
I do. I stated so in my comment above.

Maybe send them an email and inquire?
Like that will do any good, especially with all the negative comments on here about how poor their customer service and core and defective returns procedure are? Remember, in essence RA is nothing more than a multi-warehouse drop shipping operation with no real inventory of their own with a skeleton staff that basically just monitors the inventory levels of the ginormous warehouses used by multiple parts distributors to list "their" items for sale.

I'll try their contact link and see if or when I get a response, but my hopes aren't up.

They seem to have someone sitting at the helm of their operation! I seem to recall seeing some TV adds pop up lately for them. I heard that costs a ton for advertising on network tv nowadays. Hopefully your message gets to the right "Joe" who will reach back out with some truth and knowledge :)

Like that will do any good, especially with all the negative comments on here about how poor their customer service and core and defective returns procedure are? Remember, in essence RA is nothing more than a multi-warehouse drop shipping operation with no real inventory of their own with a skeleton staff that basically just monitors the inventory levels of the ginormous warehouses used by multiple parts distributors to list "their" items for sale.

I'll try their contact link and see if or when I get a response, but my hopes aren't up.
Jeeesh. Think positive for once. Lol

Back